Can't wait for some nights on 270

Joe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if we go from a 120 roll

I think I will be waiting a while to pull the trigger on this bike. Did a demo ride today at Hinds Motorsports with my Fiancee on the back and went from 45-95 in 3rd gear 1/2 throttle in the length of a Ford Ranger ;) It seems glued to the road, is VERy flickable for its size. Matter of fact, the turn in is much faster than my Fizzer. The suspension is phenominal. It reminds me of riding my friends RC51, except it doesnt beat you to death! No windnoise to report up to 95mph :eek:

This bike is the most amazing thing I have ever ridden! I wanted a ZX-12R since they came out in 2000, and had to settle with an FZ1. Last year at AMA Vintage days, I demo rode a ZX-12R and a ZX-10R, and can say that the larger "hyper bikes" are more my style.

:eek:

That's the hotness for sure.

Anyway, I'm down for whatever 270 mayhem we can come up with.

Thanks Doc!! I am very excited to get it. I am just waiting on my insurance quote to be verified by State Farm before I sign the papers. All in all, after my trade in, it is 10 dollars a month cheaper for the payment. Insurance is a bit more, but it works out to another 60 bucks a month for a real open class bike. :)

I will be sure to get to as may CR get togethers as possible. I can see this becoming like the skyline, everyone wants to race it before it gets modded ;)

beautiful bike. Saw one pass me on 33 going to lancaster on day. sounded nice.

Thanks a lot Clark! I am getting a red one. I was debating on black vs. red, and I decided that I have hated every black vehicle I have owned, and I have a blue bike right now, so red it is. What color was the one you saw?

Its official, I am picking up my Red ZX14 tonight at Motorsports of Columbus. They by far have the best deals in the city on this bike. Very nice to work with too. I recommend them, and State Farm Insurance too :cool:

So uh - when are we going to the Schott? ;)

I just left Motorsports of Columbus. And first off they were trying to charge me $200 over MSRP. Come on now, that's just bad business. So far I am not too satisfied with them. They seemed like an old school car dealer. Even had the manager come out and do his thing. They only thing is, the shop looks great and everything is new.

I just left Motorsports of Columbus. And first off they were trying to charge me $200 over MSRP. Come on now, that's just bad business. So far I am not too satisfied with them. They seemed like an old school car dealer. Even had the manager come out and do his thing. They only thing is, the shop looks great and everything is new.

what kind of bike was it?

It was a GSXR 600.

I know I know, it is a high demand bike. But they had about 10 of them.

Then you know what i was getting at. I still dont understand. i get that the GSXR is "the best bike" but honestly what can you do on the street with a GSXR600 that you cant with an R6 for example? not trying to flame you at all, but someone made a good point here a few weeks ago about 90% of street riders will not ride to 100% of their bikes capabilities, so why not 'settle' for a cheaper bike when your never going to know the difference?

This is an idea that i have thought about alot while ive been shopping for a bike. i'd love to have a GSXR600 but really im never going to know the small performance gains between that and an R6 or other relative bikes in the same class.

sorry i didnt mean to rant.

Then you know what i was getting at. I still dont understand. i get that the GSXR is "the best bike" but honestly what can you do on the street with a GSXR600 that you cant with an R6 for example? not trying to flame you at all, but someone made a good point here a few weeks ago about 90% of street riders will not ride to 100% of their bikes capabilities, so why not 'settle' for a cheaper bike when your never going to know the difference?

This is an idea that i have thought about alot while ive been shopping for a bike. i'd love to have a GSXR600 but really im never going to know the small performance gains between that and an R6 or other relative bikes in the same class.

sorry i didnt mean to rant.

Haha, its ok to rant a little. I am chosing it because I have found most riders my height find it the most comfortable. And also, the suzuki promotion is pretty appealing right now.