ever had fitment issues?

brennan

i'm wondering if anyone on here has ever had fitment issues with jackets. i'm 6'1" and 145lbs soaking wet hahaha :D. so pretty much, i'm tall and lanky, which makes it hard to find stuff that fits nicely. out of every jacket that i had tried on, it seems like upper back/shoulder area was just wayyyyy too broad for me. i purchased my joe rocket leather jacket, because it was the only jacket that i found that fit me nicely in a medium, and they made a tall too! which was totally awesome. the pads fit my body perfectly where they are placed in the jacket, but here's where my issue comes in. i just have extra material by the upper back area. it's snug around my waist/arms/etc. so, has anyone had this issue before? i feel like i'll get annoyed easily with the jacket not being snug all around. what should i do?

you will probably find the best fit in a jacket you dont like. for a 250+$ jacket you should be able to send them your measurements and get a custom sized jacket. though we both know that will never happen.

i think they make everything for a guy whose 5'9'. so us 6'+ guys get the shitty end O the stick.

if it doesnt fit right take it back and check another style or manufacturer.

you will probably find the best fit in a jacket you dont like. for a 250+$ jacket you should be able to send them your measurements and get a custom sized jacket. though we both know that will never happen.

i think they make everything for a guy whose 5'9'. so us 6'+ guys get the shitty end O the stick.

if it doesnt fit right take it back and check another style or manufacturer.

it was the only decent leather one around here i could find

and the only tall

i might have to deal with it

or see if someone can sew it up?

it was the only decent leather one around here i could find

and the only tall

i might have to deal with it

or see if someone can sew it up?

im down the street from Iron pony so i guess im spoiled but i see your point.

if you ever wanna make the trip here. let me know. you can stop by and take a shit or something.

im down the street from Iron pony so i guess im spoiled but i see your point.

if you ever wanna make the trip here. let me know. you can stop by and take a shit or something.

aha, alright.

yeah, i drove up to competition accessories (1 hr 10 min)

it sucked

and the pony would be even farther

aha, alright.

yeah, i drove up to competition accessories (1 hr 10 min)

it sucked

and the pony would be even farther

problem is that pony doesnt carry as extensive a line as they have on the website because its kinda two different things. its usually more noticeable with brands like alpinestars and icon, but the website will have a ton of jackets and sizes and the store has a rack or two. guess ill just find a place with a good return policy and start ordering...

the medium tall was just long enough

i can't fit a small

yeah i mean you can get sleeves long enough if you get the jacket with a huge chest size, but you might as well buy a parachute if thats the case.

I am about your size and have had problems also... I currently wear alpinestars RC-1 jacket in a 42/52 and it fits me great. Alpinestars has is based on a more european cut and also a racing heritage, thus they tend to fit slender, tall individuals well.

true. but with the popular brands like Joe R. Alpine and icon their line consists of multiple styles in 3 different colors. so you can usually find a good fit. and if they dont have the purple one you want and the red one fits, then you order the purple. thats all im saying.

Try wearing a back protector - it'll fill up some of the space acrpss your shoudlers.

Or, get a Vanson jacket made. It'll run ya $700, but will fit perfectly and you'll have no issues with it. Not the most stylish looking jackets out there, but not too bad either.

I'm 6'1" and a svelte 250 lbs. - hard to find decent gear that fits both in length and girth. Gloves are a whole other issue - A* XXXL isn't big enough!

Try wearing a back protector - it'll fill up some of the space acrpss your shoudlers.

Or, get a Vanson jacket made. It'll run ya $700, but will fit perfectly and you'll have no issues with it. Not the most stylish looking jackets out there, but not too bad either.

I'm 6'1" and a svelte 250 lbs. - hard to find decent gear that fits both in length and girth. Gloves are a whole other issue - A* XXXL isn't big enough!

i want your sc, i need your sc....

anyways!

joe rocket, made in america, for american sized people! brennan is skinny like me, were japanese or italian sized people :lol:

i want your sc, i need your sc....

anyways!

joe rocket, made in america, for american sized people! brennan is skinny like me, were japanese or italian sized people :lol:

yeah but youre short too so you shouldnt have much to complain about. having a small chest is no biggie when your arms are sized to match.

im' heading up to competition accessories friday to exchange my jacket

i tried on an alpine* one today, and it fit awesome!]

only weird thing was that it was a medium?

but when i looked at ordering in the book, it was all like "36, 38, 40"

if you look at an alpinestars fit guide a medium is like 48-52 euro which is like 38-42 US or something. most likely if you order one of the sizes in that range all that happens is you get a medium.

now i wonder if you can get them in talls?