Ulgy Grand Am crash

Rally Red Evo

WOW! It looked like the passanger compartment wasn't damaged at all, so did he walk away?

That's crazy. You can bet M-O will be changing that section soon. Imagine if that was you FV or an F500 car that hit that.

Hand walked away and was released.

I would think they would be changing that section. If a open wheel car hits that you would be in a world of hurt.

IRP has something similar off turn one and they have had people die by hitting their access road.

Motherfucker. There was absolutely no reason for the contact that started that. Its a fucking highway on that straight.

That hill has always been there, but it's been made worse by the new section of the track. Solution; dont fucking try to pass when there's no room.

Edwards was certainly in the wrong in this incident. It even looked like he intentionally turned into the BMW. He shouldn't have been driving so hard considering the guy he should have been more concerned with was already behind him.

Also, the way that mound or whatever he hit was placed made it look like a stunt out of a damn movie. I'm suprised he was able to just walk (well, crawl) away from it.

Am I the only one that thinks that Mid -O's partially to blame. In the past the car would have gone off and bounced around a bit but with the new cut through to add a third configuration to the track it would appear as though Mid Ohio has overlooked some details with grading the dirt aroud the new portion of track.

Can't tell you how many times I've seen cars squeezed there in the kink and people go through there with 2 or more wheels in the grass. It's happened before and it will happen again. Mid Ohio needs to get that crap fixed with a quickness.

Andy

Ever since they repaved Mid-Ohio, I think the accident rate has gone up.

Not really. This is the first major accident they've had that looks to be caused by the repaving (or more specifically, from the process of repaving). The flying Aston was caused by brake failure or something related to the car. Most other accidents I've seen, either on TV or watching at the track, were caused by wet weather or old fashioned driver mistakes.