Laser Eye Surgery

nurkvinny

While people are on this topic, I have a question. I asked my eye doctor about laser eye surgery about a year ago. She said it works great for a while, and most people start to see their vision start to go back down after a few years. This is the first time I had heard this, and wasn't sure if it was correct, or is she just looking out for her job security? Anyone have any first hand knowledge?

While people are on this topic, I have a question. I asked my eye doctor about laser eye surgery about a year ago. She said it works great for a while, and most people start to see their vision start to go back down after a few years. This is the first time I had heard this, and wasn't sure if it was correct, or is she just looking out for her job security? Anyone have any first hand knowledge?

I can see this happening on a younger person whose vision hasn't "stabilized." My eyes got a little worse every year from age 9-22. I'm 29 now and my eyes have been pretty much the same since then.

I go on Aug 4th for my consultation, if everything looks good then my date is Aug 10th.. They are using a laser called wavefront, and will cost around 3500.

WOW, why so much? I've heard of people getting it done for $1,500 or less and I think they went to Dr. Beran

i had mine done over 2 and half years ago and no problems, i had astigmatisum in both eyes and it only cost around $800 with the insurance you can get from them so its free if it ever needs redone. my vision was 20/200 and now is 20/15. you have to wait till your 21 for males but females can go sooner because there eyes are done growing sooner, and they can't go if there prego because there eyes change shape. i went to Bloomburg in newark, Beran wanted $4000 to do my eyes, we found out he charges so much because he buys the machines insted of leasing them like everyone else does.

I got it done last October by Dr. Kelley here in Columbus. I have astagmus, so with my eye condition and not wanting to cheap out I went to the best around and it ended up costing me 4500. I have no problems so far and it was well worth the money. My dad got it done about 4 years ago and his was only 1200, not sure who his doctor was but it was somewhere off of Polaris

My doctor always suggests, ask how many times the lasers are used. Some doctors reuse the lasers. Not bad for the first guy. But if your the 50th person good luck. Lasers I'm told wear out. I think he says the good guys use them only once, or a piece only once. Either way I would check it out.

i have heard mixed things about it. My cousin got it when they first started doing this acouple years ago. She says is kind of fucks with your night vision other than that its not bad. I dont know if Steve still checks the board who had the maroon firebird but he had his done and i think he liked it.

My wife had it done I watched through a glass window and I wish I wouldn't have. Something about them cutting your eyeball first, yuck. Anyway my wife had hers done with lifetime upgrages for 1400. my .02 is to not go to the cheapest place, your eyes are important, and need to drive a fast car. The place my wife went was in front of bestbuy and stuff on polaris. her vision was restored to near perfect vision, and has stayed that way ever since. 3 years.

My dad had it done, and he said that after a while your vision does start to go back to how it was, it's similar to how glasses correct your vision but at the same make your eye sight worse so you keep having to go back to get stronger glasses.

My father, my sister, and my wife all had it done. And I just recently had it done in March.

They've had it done from going on 3-6 years now and none have experienced any vision "fallback". They were aged from 27-60. I'm 38 and had stabilized vision for the past 10 years. I've probably got another <10 years before I start to lose close up (reading) vision. But no surgery, lack of surgery, contacts, glasses, or voodoo will stop that natural process we all go thru.

The earlier techniques would impair your night vision due to a haloing effect. Now, with the procedure I had done, thats no longer a problem. Better topography mapping and laser equipment is at the core of the improved results of today over just a couple years ago. In fact my night vision is now better than it was naturally before. Zero haloing. Also, I had astygmatism in both eyes (to different degrees) and am now 20/20 with zero astygmatism.

It takes all of five minutes. And its painless.

...Well, its supposed to be. I admit I was a unique case but let me just say - make SURE the anesthetic they give you takes. Mine was not fully in effect by the time I went into the operating room (for various reasons not in my or the doctor's control). I felt the incision and them moving the flap back and returning it. I did not feel the laser itself however. However, as a longtime contract wearer, it was nothing I couldn't clench my toes thru. That said, even with the minor pain involved, it was the best thing I ever did and I kick myself for not doing it sooner (until I remember they can now improve your night vision then I don't mind waiting as much as I did).

I went to TLC. It cost ~$3400 altogether. Dr Davis. Do not go to one of those places that do it for a few hundred per eye. I won't mention places, as its your decision. TLC is one of the good places. There are others that are good also (I can only speak to my personal experience with TLC). And then there are places you should definitely avoid. Just don't go cheap on your eyes.

My entire family has gone with TLC, and they give you lifetime guaranteed care on your eyes. If you ever need to go back to get retreated, they'll do it for free.

The first time you look at your alarm clock in the middle of the night without squinting or reaching for glasses you won't care how much it cost.

My Dad had it done. No problems, it was covered through his insurance 100%. He does still need reading glasses, because they couldn't remove enough material to get his eyes to 100%, so they figured slight bluriness within 2 feet is better than nothing.

The only real problem he had was after the surgery. They bandage your eyes pretty thoroughly, because of the increased sensitivity to light, so he couldn't drive home. So the bratty child he bummed a ride home with took a great deal of delight in screaming "Oh my God!!!!" and spiking the brakes at every stoplight. Heh heh heh.....

I had it done a year ago. I had lasik in one eye and PRK in the other. the lasik was a wonderful experience, but I would have never gotten PRK (or is it RPK) if I had known what I was getting into. Trust me, only get it done if it doesn't require that procedure. I had it done at laser plus by Outback on Main