questions about my celica

norrix420

I have a few quick questions about things that I am considering about doing to my 2000 Celica GT-S. As of right now I have replaced the stock muffler with a straight pipe from the cat back with a tip on the end. It sounds pretty good to me, my question is would I get better performance out of my car if I installed a custom exhaust such as a reactive exhaust? If so where could I go to get that installed? Another question I have is about air intake, I currently still have the stock ram air system for my intake and I installed a k&n air filter replacing the stock one. Would I still get better performance out of a cold air intake? Is there anything else I can do to help acceleration in my car besides intake and exhaust with my car being an automatic? Another question I have is about rims. I am looking for new rims and tires for my car pretty soon and I was wondering where the best place might be to take them. I was considering discount tire but if there is another place that I might get the same quality rims and tires for cheaper I would consider it. I am thinking about 17 inch gun metal rims with Yokohama tires. one last question, I have many more ideas about things that I would like done to my car put I’m not sure of any places in town that do certain things. If anyone knows of any good custom car shops that I could go to, that would be helpful. I guess I’m not very sure as to where to go to get a lot of things done to my car. Any help would be great. Thanks.

exhust and intake rely doen't make much of a significant performance on a small 4cyl N/A car. For exhust just get what you think sounds the best, intake wise, anything made for your car that isn't $30 ebay bullshit should be fine your probibly going to pay well over $120 for a good intake. wheels are all about perfernce buy that ones that fit your car, and look the way you want them to look.

what brian said... little mods like catback and cai are usually wastes of money. catback is basically for a better sound. a cai's only purpose is to make a car owner feel like his car just gained a lot of power from purchasing one.

BTW cheap ebay CAI are usaly knockoffs of the more expensive one's if all your going for is sound then get one. its a bitch to put on the celiica you will see why later :)

as for exhaust GOD we don't need another fartcan running around.

You want the real power get a TRD SC or Turbo kit.

or a squirt of juice anything else you do will be pretty pointless.

^ haha werd. I own a GT-S. GT comes with 140hp, GT-S comes with 180hp and max horsepower is around 7600rpms. About the exhuast... the best gain for the GT-S is a TRD kazuma straight pipe exhuast whichs adds 32 crank hp. about. Since your car is auto its not even worth modding. There is such a huge difference between the Auto GT-S and the 6 speed.

The 6 speed runs 1/4 mile around 14.8 stock and the auto GT-S is about 17.2. Im getting sick of my FWD so I'm selling my car fairly soon.

Thanks for all of the helpful, and not so helpful posts on my car. I guess it’s not worth to mod for performance so I guess I’ll just have to stick with the way it looks. Does anyone know a good audio place for your car? I have heard Columbus car audio is good, as well as a place called mobile electronics. Any other places that anyone knows of that can help me out with the looks of my car would be great.

Thanks for all of the helpful, and not so helpful posts on my car. I guess it’s not worth to mod for performance so I guess I’ll just have to stick with the way it looks. Does anyone know a good audio place for your car? I have heard Columbus car audio is good, as well as a place called mobile electronics. Any other places that anyone knows of that can help me out with the looks of my car would be great.

It's not a bad looking car to boot. Maybe a tint job and some rims that fit the car, nothing too drastic. It's not worth modding being an automatic, I learned that. It'll still be slow and you'll be dissapointed, just save you're money and buy a bike or something.