VA letter

Scotty2Hotty

Anyone else out there get a letter from the VA about the information screw up. It's obviously old news that someone lost a bunch of records and what not, but I was wondering if any other veterans on here got one of these. I guess if you put your info into the VA site it'll tell you if they jacked your file up and what not.

Just in case anyone is following this thread more than the stories all over the net: Latest news is they found the (allegedly) stolen laptop, some random guy turned it in. They think the info was safe on it and had not been copied. In my opinion however, it isn't worth the risk to assume it's OK, and anyone in the VA database should keep a very careful eye on their credit record and other personal data.

I received one of these letters a couple weeks ago. I have no idea why I received it. There could be a few reasons maybe... I just don't know. I was wondering if anyone else got one of these. What should I do to find out why I received one of these letters exactly?