1998 GTP, many new parts, extras, suspension and brakes, great daily driver!

excell

This is a cut-and-paste from the GP forums. If you aren't familiar with GP's, there will be some terms in here you probably don't understand. Let me know if you need anything explained. Figured I would list locally. :)

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP:

• Bright white exterior, neutral leather interior.
  • Sunroof, every factory option but the HUD
  • Body has 127xxx miles. Paint is in good condition, always kept waxed and loved.

I put the following parts in the car over the course of the last 11,000 miles with the object of making my “perfect” daily driver. However, it just doesn’t meet my purpose anymore. The drive train has NEVER had a mod on it. The engine is 100% factory down to the airbox.

Drivetrain:

• Very low mileage L32 long-block (from Ed)
  • Fully built transaxle with pawl sprags, hard 4th clutch shaft, extra clutches, and other new parts as required (better than a factory build!)
  • Brand new torque converter
  • Brand new Eaton M90 blower
  • Lots of low mileage electronics and other engine parts (injectors, etc)
  • 99+ style airbox and coolant bottle
  • New passenger-side axle
  • New passenger-side wheel hub assembly
  • New NAPA solid motor and transaxle mounts
  • “Flipped” dogbone mounts
  • Ground wire upgraded, two extra ground wires run

Body:

• SLP “gen 1” wide spoiler
  • Perfect-fit car bra
  • Car-bra mirror covers
  • Regal cabin air filter
  • ZZP high-power reverse lights (woot)
  • Blue rear bumper “PONTIAC” inserts

Wheels:

• Winter wheels; factory white 5-star wheels with Bridgestone Winterforce 225/60/16’s (nearly new!)
  • Summer wheels; Fittipaldi Force 17x8 5x115 wheels with Yokohama ES100 245/45/17’s (about 20% tread left, should last the rest of the season)

Brakes and suspension:

• 12” front brake upgrade with new rotors and Wagner thermo-quiet ceramic pads
  • GMPP suspension package (front and rear sway bars, trailing arms)
  • Lower mileage struts with stock springs in the rear, GMPP lowering springs in the front (stock front springs included)
  • New tie rods on both sides

Interior:

• Very few scratches, blemishes, etc. The rear seats have hardly ever been used
  • Replaced “poop brown” interior pieces with matching dark graphite
  • Replaced all DIC bulbs
  • All dash clips have been “fixed” to avoid rattles and squeaks from the dash.

Stereo:

• Totally custom install by Ryan Cayton with new wiring run throughout the whole car. I wanted a good sounding system since I drive so much.

• Alpine CDA-9815 head unit with remote (yes, MP3 compat) with Alpine T200RF XM Radio system installed (XM Radio through the head unit!)
  • Polk DB5250 51/4” component system in the doors
  • Alpine 6x9 speakers in the rear
  • Custom-built flush-mount dual 10” sub box with Rockford Fosgate Punch subs. The box looks totally factory and raises the trunk floor by 2.5”, leaving the entire trunk totally usable including the pass through! XM controller and AMP both mounted under the box for a totally clean look!
  • JL Audio e6450 6 channel amp, two channels bridged to the subs, two channels feed the front components! Rear speaks take power from the deck.
  • PAC steering wheel control module, wiring installed but it’s not hooked up. Never got around to it.
  • All original boxes and packaging for the stereo components included except for the 6x9’s
  • Engine ground wire upgraded, two extra ground wires run

Bad things:

• Has the notorious intermediate steering shaft “clunk”, never got around to lubing the shaft to eliminate the clunk.

That’s really the only “bad” thing. Other than that, everything works great, no issues, nothing. The car really is pretty great. I’m asking $6500 firm for everything. Clear title in hand, and you get everything as a package. I am NOT interested in demodding yet, so don’t even ask. I want to try and move everything at once before I think about pulling it apart.

http://www.excellgtp.com/pics/newpics/ - these pictures were taken before the GMPP front spring install!

http://www.excellgtp.com/pics/stereo/ - Pics of the custom rear box

Let me know if you have any questions, want to come see the car, or want specific pictures of anything. I’ll be getting better pics as soon the weather is nice, it’s been crappy here all weekend. I’m near Columbus, in Central Ohio.:)

unrelated, but check your PMs

Responded, Howard. :)

Chris fuck you for not selling your car a month ago. Dick. :p

-Marc

I didn't know I was selling it a month ago. :p

BTW, if you want to buy mods for it, I'll install any basic mods (pulley, etc) for free after I have cleared payment. Just bring me the parts and a puller, etc.

Damnit.. too bad it's a GTP. If it were a GT I'd get it for the wife :(.

I can make it a GT. :)

You know, I can make a program that will allow you to run regular fuel. It should get similar gas mileage to a GT as well, if you drive it like one.

yeah.. I remember you saying something about that a while ago. She gets her gas at her Dad's work (which is 89 octane). And she doesn't pay for the gas.. so..

She doesn't need a s/c anyways :).