my first USGP and....

Spidey2721

..both McLarens, and the lone American (along with 4 other cars) are out after turn one. I usually seem to trigger bad luck for the teams I pull for when I see them run in person. ;-( I did get to see Kimi's car for the entire race. After he wrecked it was pulled of the track and placed right in front of where we were sitting. Saw the wreck pretty well from where the seats were including Nick Heidfeld's aerobatics. The Posche cup cars were enjoyable. Felt swry for the poor sap who couldn't quite find his braking point for turn one and over shot it four or so times.

Yep, I completely enjoyed the race. I think next year (if there is a race next year) I'll be getting tickets near turn one. But, I thought out sears in turn ten were pretty nice. Having a big screen right across from us was nice so we could see what was going on at all times. Anyone else think the heat was pretty unbearable? Oh well, it just meant that a lot of chicks were walking around in bikinis :) Also, the way the city handled the traffic was horrible. We were directed by the cops in the wrong direction twice. It took way to long to find the track.

I was lucky to get some back way directions. Got to and from the track easier then any other race. I hope it remains at Indy next year. If shumie has anything to say about it I think it will stay. They seem to have a handle on that track. I thought for sure he was on a lot lighter fuel load then the rest of the feild at start. Nope, they just covered the feild by that much.

IMO there are two (automotive) things to witness at least once... a Top Fuel car leave the tree and an F1 start.

We sit right at start finish and while this years race may not have been one of the better ones... it is still a great way to spend a day or two.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5624643353426036375

The video does NOT capture just how LOUD these things are!

Gorgeous Alfa :thumbup:

I really didn't think the cars were that loud. I didn't even use the ear plugs I brought. But, then again, I wasn't under a canopy where the sound echoed. I thought they weren't much louder than the rotary powered prototype at Mid-Ohio the other month. They did sound better than that car, though.

I wish I woulda had more time to explore the place, that bridge looks like a sweet vantage point.

They are loud but so is a wankel. (I know what you mean but a rotary is a different configuration all together.) When they (Mazda) ran IMSA they were the only GTP cars that had to run a muffler to meet sound level requirements. I cannot make it without ear protection where we sit. The hairs in my ears start to tickle and then begin to hurt so I have full ear headphones that also pick up FM so I can listen to the announcers.

On Thursday's you are allowed to walk the pit, check out the cars, speak with the crews and yes, even Michael has been known to show up and interact a bit.