Front end noise, in 03 Dodge Ram QC.

Stampede

I'm having some front end noise, it sounds like a cross between a popping and a clunking. It does it when turning at low speeds, and when braking at low speeds. It will also do it when I pull an inch forward, then stop rather hard, put in in reverse and do the samething. Any ideals would be great.

Thanks.

Guest 78novaman

Make sure it's actually shifted out of 4x4 high into 2wd.

Most likely the U-Joints have gone south.

'03? Under warrenty, right? Take it to the dealer and have them put it up on thier lift and check them for you.

TurboRust: I thought about it, but it looked like you had your hands full with the fellow complaining about his oil being the wrong weight. I wish I would have, I was just happy to find tires for that price.

Gearhead559: Someone else said that, I checked them. They seem fine, but they do fall out preatty easy. I'm going to pull the front calipers off, and put a block between the pads. Bolt the wheels back on, then see if the noise is there or not. It's had trying to find this crap by your self.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Guest Removed

there should be a anti-rattle clip tucked on the pad some where!!!!

the trucks and the others , have a clip that goes at one end of the pad., when most poeple change there brakes , that clip is broken off, falls out, or just plain missed by who ever did the brakes! Can't remember that imperticual brake setup, but i bet im pretty close!