Traffic ticket question

ohio_wookie

Ok, i was under the impression that if the cop gets any of your information on the ticket wrong it became invalid. If so what information would have to be wrong?

I got a ticket in north carolina for not wearing a seatbelt, and on the ticket he put my address as being portsmouth, virginia instead of portsmouth, ohio and he didnt record my social.

i thought so too...when i got in a wreck a few years ago the cop put down "dry" for road conditions, which it was raining (which is why i got in the accident) AND there was water spots on the ticket from the rain. that didnt help me, but luckily he did not show to court so the whole thing got dismissed

Hmm, you could probably call up the SHP of NC and ask it as a hypothetical question...don't tell them it's for a seatbelt though, that will probably tick them off. It's likely, since they took your license # and other stuff that you want to pay it. It would not be good to have a warrant out for your arrest the next time you're in NC.

Oh, and wear your seatbelt next time...