honda civic hatchback dx won't start

fooswinger

alright well....here's the deal everything worked fine last night and then when I went to start it this morning it wouldn't start. I was getting great signal from battery and I pulled the starter and had it tested at advances and it worked. I checked the fuses and they were ok. I even tried jumping the car and still wouldn't turn over.It's not clicking either when it tries to turn over.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Guest Removed

sounds like your not getting power too the starter!!!!

do you have a test light? use it.. see if you have + at the big wire!

if you do, have someone turn it over, while you check the little wire , should light up when they turn the key! one of these two , you do not have!!!!

after you tell me which one, isnt working. theni can tell you how too fix it!

sounds like your not getting power too the starter!!!!

do you have a test light? use it.. see if you have + at the big wire!

if you do, have someone turn it over, while you check the little wire , should light up when they turn the key! one of these two , you do not have!!!!

after you tell me which one, isnt working. theni can tell you how too fix it!

and check your body to motor grounds to, this will cause this problem to.and if anyone can help you out it will be rob, he helped me out on a honda before.

Guest Removed
true , and if he has power at both of the starter wires then, its a bad engine ground, like the wire that runs from the body ground too the valve cover!

Alright well, after about an hour of using the test light. We thought it was a bad ignition switch b/c all the wires were good except the wire going to the fuse/starter. So we thought it was the igition switch then I remembered that you had to try to turn the engine over to get a accurate reading. So the light turned on when trying to start. So I put everything back together and the car starts now.

THe only thing I can think of is maybe the starter was froze up or something?

Can any of you guys think of maybe what it could of been?

Guest Removed

it maybe hit or miss. neutral safety switch? ignition switch, starter issue? its hard too say untill it acts up again!

btw foo:someone has too be turning the key too the start position, in order too have power at the little wire!

alright well thanks for the help man, It's nice to have a repair that didn't cost ya anything. I looked at the cost of an igition switch at advacnced...$62.00,

I couldn't believe how pricey it is for something like that, that you could get at the junk yard for like 5 bucks

Guest Removed

that switch is rather large due too all the wiring that comes with it!

and like i said, if you start having issues with it again , just let me know!