Jet ski's anyone?

McGraw

So we went out and got some new jet ski's.

2 Aquatrax R-12's (1235 cc)

and a Aquatrax R-12X (1235cc turbocharged)

These are probably the most awesome Jet ski's anyone could own. We've been beating the hell out of them for about 2 days now.

The R-12X is capable (and proven) 70 mph on a choppy lake.

So if anyone is going to be getting jetski's this summer, I deffinately recommend these to everyone. I'd say it's hard to find anything that out accelerates the R-12X on the water, and they're 2 seater, so scare the hell out of your friends.

To check them out, best site I've found on them yet. http://powersports.honda.com/watercraft/model.asp?ModelName=AquaTrax+R%2D12X&ModelYear=2006&ModelId=ARX12T26

rode one..my friend jsut bought one. they will not do 70 mph.. especially on a choppy lake. 65 mph on glass is top speed. the accelerate like a bat out of hell though.

it is over stable for me. a fast ski, but to stable to be fun. let me know when your goin out if yuo want someone to ride with. i got 2 stand ups, i either go to indian lake or alum creek. BAM614, let me know when you get a standup we will ahve to go ride.

Buckeye Lake 70 mph on the R-12X :) Chris Jackson was with me. The regular R-12's we only could get up to 62 mph. The R-12X if you can get out like early morning when the water is like glass they're supposed to be capable of 80mph+, but haven't had the opportunity yet. And with both of them, max turning we can get them is between 25-30 mph, they're out drag racing jet ski's, we're the ricers of the lake :)

80+ huh? Remember, water pickup speedos are very inaccurate (I have seen 10% at true 70), hand held gps isnt much better. I have 3 radar guns to burst their bubble. ;)

Hob and Bam, let me know the next time you all head out onto Alum.

tommy, ill be out at alum creek tomorrow. around 12:30 or so.. my number is 614-256-3407 hit me up ill be out for a few hours.

and McGraw, i rode a 06 turbocharged f-12x. top speed on indian lake on a wed at 11 in the morning.. 65 mph

there is no way in hell it will do 80mph.. no way

EDIT:

did some searching online and found the top speeds of both the turbocharged and non turbocharged..

The F-12 top speed by radar is 55mph. The top speed for the F-12X is 62mph by radar.

sorry to burst your bubble

I believe the speedo's are inaccurate, I'm just relaying what I've personally read on them. I'll have to talk to Chris, but I believe you guys would be more than welcome out to do some 'testing' with us. :) and I don't think they'll do 80 either, Like I said, rumor had it they were capable of 80+, but 70 is completely wrapped seems like, the x runs between 60-65 (r12 is about 55-60) pretty regularly, but if you find a smooth spot it'll increase, for both of them.

Again this is going off what their speedo indicates, so it's 70 mph could very well be only 65 by radar.

Either way it's faster then anyone ever NEEDs to go on the water. :) and they're a ton of fun

So we went out and got some new jet ski's.

2 Aquatrax R-12's (1235 cc)

and a Aquatrax R-12X (1235cc turbocharged)

These are probably the most awesome Jet ski's anyone could own. We've been beating the hell out of them for about 2 days now.

The R-12X is capable (and proven) 70 mph on a choppy lake.

So if anyone is going to be getting jetski's this summer, I deffinately recommend these to everyone. I'd say it's hard to find anything that out accelerates the R-12X on the water, and they're 2 seater, so scare the hell out of your friends.

To check them out, best site I've found on them yet. http://powersports.honda.com/watercraft/model.asp?ModelName=AquaTrax+R%2D12X&ModelYear=2006&ModelId=ARX12T26

Honesty the 12x is not as fast as you would expect. Although fatser than the standard big ski, Motorhead's supercharger skidoo runs fucking circles around it. I have ridden both, and had plenty of water drag action with each. I still have not been on anything that moves like the blown skidoo.

ive been looking in to purchasing a wave runner ive looked at both honda and sea doo. i like the 12x trim control but the sea doos 215 horse supercharged engine got my vote. the honda seemed very quick from what ive heard but they are only 165 horse. that is a big gap in my eyes and ive always loved sea doos. the only thing that comes close to sea doo is yamaha 185 hp wave runner. i am not sure what the top speed of the sea doo is supposed to be. i heard the honda and the sea doo were close top speed wise and they were both computer limited.

ive been looking in to purchasing a wave runner ive looked at both honda and sea doo. i like the 12x trim control but the sea doos 215 horse supercharged engine got my vote. the honda seemed very quick from what ive heard but they are only 165 horse. that is a big gap in my eyes and ive always loved sea doos. the only thing that comes close to sea doo is yamaha 185 hp wave runner. i am not sure what the top speed of the sea doo is supposed to be. i heard the honda and the sea doo were close top speed wise and they were both computer limited.

We have a lot of people call our shop with broken jet ski's. When I ask the brand name, the ones that come up all the time are; Sea Doo, Tigershark, Kawasaki, Honda. I have not had someone call with a broken Yamaha. Also, go to any marina. Look at their rental jet ski's. I have been to many lakes in different states. The marinas with RUNNING jet ski's always have Yamahas. You can't beat their reliability. Also, on the little jet boats, I like the Yamaha's over the Sea Doos. Split shifting is a thousand times more fun.

The Yamahas may be a little slower, but ask any boater. Which is better, 5 mph more, or being able to use the thing whenever you want.

Have been on the supercharged Sea Doos, probably have close to 50 hours, fun little thing. Wait until Vortech Superchargers releases their blower for the Kawasakis. Bob Endress said they had 0-60 times under 2.5 seconds.

Hob- Just saw your message, went straight from church to the lake, are you planning to come out next weekend?

Now I have to go buy exhaust.... Stock manifolds and risers for ~450, or just buy the headers for 2,500.....

got snipped by the po-po on the lake today.. my registration decals fell off in the water.. cant get back on the lake till i get them. i still have one on each .. but i have to have both stickers one on each side.. he wasa real dick. checke dall my safety equipment, found out one of my fire extinguishers didnt work.. oh well. ruined my day though