My car can bite me severely.

MrMeanGreen

So I drive the car to work last night. Runs much better with the MAF, however, I notice my tranny not hitting gears as hard and it slips pretty bad going into OD. No biggie, I forgot to top off my tranny fluid after the radiator swap, so I lost probably a quart or so if not more.

I come home, top it off with a quart, and manage to spill quite a bit into my engine bay due to the Lokar dipstick tube being a PITA. The fluid manages to leak RIGHT into the mating are of the passenger's side intake gasket/intake/fuel injectors. Deep crevice, so I have a helluva time trying to soak it up with a rag and it's still puddled there.

About ten minutes later I go to run the car down the street to check the tranny, and the car proceeds to fire on like six cylinders (literally). I'm very pissed, thinking I managed to clog an injector or get some in my intake since the car is now spitting out white smoke and a burnt transmission fluid smell from the exhaust. I limp it home and go out to breakfast with my wife, dad, and grandma.

I just got home, hooked up the Autotap, and started the car. It fires on all eight and shows no misfires in any cylinder or the history. Go figure. On top of that, there's no tranny fluid to be found where it had spilled earlier. I figured it'd have left a residue, or being as thick as it is, still there. Nope, it's gone.

WTF.

1) Your car is shifting like shit because the PCM uses your MAF signal to make decisions on pressure and times for each shift. Get the car tuned correctly so your MAF reads properly and that will go away.

2) Your car doesn't show a misfire history or current count because P0300 is disabled. Enable P0300 and you can see the history again.

Thanks Chris, I'm still venturing into the world of what controls what in the PCM. Although, I'm running Paul's SLP MAF now, not the Z06 unit.

I also forgot about the P0300 codes being disabled. I'll have to load a previous tune and see where it goes. That funnel looks pretty nice, I'll have to see if Harbor Freight or Advance has one....

Thanks Chris, I'm still venturing into the world of what controls what in the PCM. Although, I'm running Paul's SLP MAF now, not the Z06 unit.

I also forgot about the P0300 codes being disabled. I'll have to load a previous tune and see where it goes. That funnel looks pretty nice, I'll have to see if Harbor Freight or Advance has one....

Well looks like my car is still faster for the minute ;)