Popping My CR Cherry

Guest BlackBimmer

Guest BlackBimmer

What up fella's. Just joined CR wanted to stop by and say hello. I live in the BUS and just heard about this site. Talk to you all soon.

I would post a pic, but I think I have to make more posts before I do.......sorry guys.

Guest BlackBimmer

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Helmetboy01/DSC00025.jpg

UUC Exhaust

UUC Pulleys

Conforti Intake

UUC Springs

UUC Sways

UUC Shift Knob

Understeer.com Shoft Shift kit

SSR GT3 wheels, 19x8.5 up front 19x9.5 rear

Sturt Bar

That's about it. Still no chip, although it did run both 220 whp / 220 wtq without. It's not super fast, just fun.

First car I ever did anything to was an E46. Pretty much had the same mods as you, with the Shark injector and a SuperSprint exhaust. I had Bryton Vision wheels. Dropped with Eibach pro kit springs. The power to cash ratio for mods sucks, but the uniquness of a Bimmer with work done to it is very nice.

Your car loks great. I hope to see it out sometime.

Guest BlackBimmer
Welcome...nice ride...but I want to see pictures of the 2002!!!

Andy

2002 isn't finished yet, but I'll show you some before pics.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Helmetboy01/DSC00002.jpg

(Took the front bumper off to get it ready for the strip down and paint)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Helmetboy01/DSC00003.jpg

I'm still up in the air about turboing it. My roomates all think I should but there's nothing like some dual webers undert the hood and a stroked engine.

Guest BlackBimmer
Audion19's Was it you I was following last year on the highway at about a bill when the Jag XKR started to race us and he blew his engine? All I remember is being behind a red Porsche 911 with the aero package on it.

Nope...I think I know the car you're talking about though...I looked at it but it was a really ratty piece that was not well cared for and eventually was sold on E-bay out of state. My impression is that I now have the only red Aero 996 in town

I've only had the 996 since May....and frankly usually my wife drives it...I prefer the M3 until I get some more serious suspension under the 996...then it becomes my track toy.

Andy

Guest BlackBimmer
Nope...I think I know the car you're talking about though...I looked at it but it was a really ratty piece that was not well cared for and eventually was sold on E-bay out of state.

Andy

Yeah it didn't look to bad from the outside, he had rims on it at it was lowered, although I was trying to catch him to give him the old THUMBS DOWN for sticking a GT3 emblem on the back of his NON-GT3 porsche.

That's me though, always the :asshole:

Yup...that's the car...GT3 badges...11 inch wide wheels (Ironically they were SSR GT3's like yours) in the rear with offsets for a turbo that didn't fit in the fenders of his car and rubbed BADLY, and he even took Porsche Crests and glued them (no joke) to the front fenders like Ferrari does with their badges becasue he thought that was cool.

Ahhh...I could go on and on...

Guest BlackBimmer
Yup...that's the car...GT3 badges...11 inch wide wheels (Ironically they were SSR GT3's like yours) in the rear with offsets for a turbo that didn't fit in the fenders of his car and rubbed BADLY, and he even took Porsche Crests and glued them (no joke) to the front fenders like Ferrari does with their badges becasue he thought that was cool.

Ahhh...I could go on and on...

Now that makes me sick to my stomach :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...