need polishing tool for air compressor

Buck531

Where can I get a polishing tool that'll hook up to my air compressor. I'm pondering the thought of polishing my blower housing. I know it'll take a few days, but I'm just wondering what tools I'd need.

Any idea what I should start off with?

like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=1724

and this is KINDA what I use.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93629

then there is a buffing kit to velcro to the bottom picture. then compound away and sand. you will hate it in about 30 minutes.

Guest powers
polishing a blower housing for an eaton is not an easy task. I would assume there to be AT LEAST 12-15 hrs in that for a pro with all the proper tools.

bukcy i have a makita buffer that will do the job. your welcome to it, and i have osme compund you can use as well.

the wool will get into small crevices. ill show you how to get those tight spots.

but youll have alot of work sanding that bitch down and getting the casting smooth.

work yourself up to atleast 1500 for a nice shine.

heh. fuck it. I'll probably just clean it and paint it :).

I was looking at the blower last night and said to my self "SELF, you dumbass, you can't do this. It'll take you 6 months to do it.. right"..

So. Thanks though :). I'll probably pick up a sander anyways. I'm sure I can use it on something else.