Audi S4 Work

Mr. Jones

A friend at work will be needing this timing belt service done soon.

The dealers are quoting him 1900-2500.

I recall Jesse needing this done not too long ago and was curious if he found a reliable person to perform the maintenance?

Anyone have experience with the s4 v6 motor ? Or work at a audi/vw dealership.

TIA...

I might know a guy for the job...got a call into him.

Otherwise call Auto Assets 614-793-1050 and talk to Matt...they should at least be able to do it cheaper than the dealer...by how much I don't know.

Andy

Thanks Andy, let me know :)

IPS works on Audis take it to them. Nothing but great things from them

Yep, Jason, one of my fabricators/techs drives an 01 S4 :) Brett (Renner) did his 2.8L T-belt down at the shop not too too long ago and even though it wasnt exactly a 2 hour job, it wasnt THAT bad. $2k seems crazy high IMO.

Jeff

Yep, Jason, one of my fabricators/techs drives an 01 S4 :) Brett (Renner) did his 2.8L T-belt down at the shop not too too long ago and even though it wasnt exactly a 2 hour job, it wasnt THAT bad. $2k seems crazy high IMO.

Jeff

Too bad I'm not up there...My wife's '00 Passat (2.8L v6, 5speed manual) is going to need a T-belt and waterpump change here soon. Local indy shop in Naples wants over $1600 to do it. :( I wouldn't even want to know what the stealership wants to do the job...

I wouldn't let anyone but the dealer do it if you want the motor to remain intact for very long after the service is performed.

the price they are quoting you should be to replace all the tenson and idler pulleys as well as the belt and the water pump. if you don't have a complete service done your asking for trouble. I also seem to remeber that the nose of the car has to come off as well....

fly by night die by night

I would personally rahter have someone who works on audi's all day long and nothing else do the work If I wasn't going to do it myself...