Shuttle Launch

Clay, did you make it over there on the 4th to see it?

Nope. I live in Naples which is about 4 hours from Cape Canaveral. When they scrubbed the launch Sat. 7/1 at about 3:45pm, we left and received passes to come back for the launch anyday it's scheduled between 7/1 to 7/19. Everyone knew that the weather on Sunday wasn't going to be any better so we left. No point in staying overnight and then waiting all day for (what turned out to be anyway) another scrubbed launch.

Since we weren't going back to Kennedy Space Center, on 4th of July I was golfing when the shuttle lifted off (I had a TV in the golf cart and watched the launch)...THEN I SAW IT IN THE SKY. It was amazing! I was over 250 miles away and I could see the contrail and rocket fire in broad daylight!!!!

I'll go back for a night launch. A couple of car guys here in FL that I was talking to said that the shuttle launching at night is like a "sunrise in fast-forward". Plus, on a clear night you can see the shuttle make it into space, dump the booster rockets, and watch as small pieces of debris burn up in the atmosphere like a meteor shower. :) :)

I was glad I went, and sad I missed it...but I'll catch a launch one day!

I try to right click it.. but it is only a 226KB file. Media player says

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

Any ideas?