Help! Best bang for the buck motherboard and processor??

Guest Ponyfreak

What do you have against water cooling..

Its Kewl!

:)

Nothing in particular - it is 'cool', but I'm lazy. That and I don't want to spend another $150 getting it set up (homebrew system).

Eventually I'm going to do it for the 'I have done it' factor, if nothing else.

My xp 2000 still does a decent job. The radeon 9250 leaves alot to be desired, but other than heavy games, it does quite well. That being said, last years top of the line is todays budget system, and will do quite repectably. If want to get a system together now, do socket 939, get a low end sempron for cheap, then in a few weeks when AMD priced take a nosedive, you can have a 2000 MHZ sempron based keychain, and get an fx chip for cheap.

I posted the best bang for buck 939 mobo. I have it and love it. Has an AGP slot AND a PCIe x16 and x1 slot. Plus I think 3 pci slots, 4 memory slots and supports dualchannel. The MB is also compatable with the new socket AM2, has support for SATA2 drives, and the on-board audio sounds great.

Wrong and wrong....

Apparently you've never played @ 1600X1200 or higher.

Tee Hee

Fixed it for you, I always laughed at all the retards that cop out on video cards.

What the hell is the point of playing the game if doesn't look its best? That's like saying I am going to play the orig. Half life because its cheaper than hl2 and my celeron can push through it no problem. Yah or hey why don't you put a 100mm turbo on your car and not upgrade your fuel. Some people just don't get it.