Quick transmission question.....

Black ITR Guy

On my '06 636 its been difficult for me to get from 1st to 2nd. When i roll off the line easy and start to twist into it and run it to redline or nearly there then clutch and shift, almost always it goes into neutral. its really pissing me off im not sure if i should adjust my clutch or change my oil (its almost time). Any suggestion or idea would help greatly.

thanks

Quit being a puss and kick it into gear. Most sportbikes are like this, Yamahas tend to be the worst though. If it is a major problem, maybe you should consider switching to a GP shift pattern.

ill try to quit being easy on it too........ keep in mind this is the first bike i have owned. i havent even been riding for 2 whole months yet so im still learning

On my '06 636 its been difficult for me to get from 1st to 2nd. When i roll off the line easy and start to twist into it and run it to redline or nearly there then clutch and shift, almost always it goes into neutral. its really pissing me off im not sure if i should adjust my clutch or change my oil (its almost time). Any suggestion or idea would help greatly.

thanks

How long has this been happening and does it do it often?

Does it pop or bang in/out of gear a lot?

What kind of riding do you do and do you ride it rough or anything? You may have a bent shift shaft fork or something inside if it does it all the time. If it's only once in a while it's probably just your shifting style.

P.S.....Why are you using the handlebar shift lever when taking it to redline or anywhere close to it?