Attn: Mustang Fans

SpaceGhost

I can't wait to quote this thread in 6 months when people say aww shit that Gt500 is a let down.

I can't wait to quote this therad in 6 months when you say, "aww shit I just got spanked by a GT500, I'm such a let down."

Guest powers
I can't wait to quote this therad in 6 months when you say, "aww shit I just got spanked by a GT500, I'm such a let down."

I guess we will have to see which way that goes.

07 GT500

3920lbs

500hp/480tq

7.84lbs/hp

$41,900

06 C6

3179lbs

400hp/400tq

7.95lbs/hp

$45,000 (base)

06 C6 ZO6

3130lbs

505hp/475tq

6.26lbs/hp

$65,000

So to sum it up, the GT500 and C6 are going to be a good race. However, the GT500 will win. Period. The GT500 vs the C6 ZO6 will be a slaughter. The ZO6 is going to spank the stock GT500. However, the ZO6 has a MSRP of $20K more. Give me that GT500 and $20k to mod it with over the ZO6 any day.

Sources:

http://www.intellichoice.com/reports/vehicleReport/vehicle_nmb/17402/year/2006/make/Chevrolet/model/Corvette

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/10/24/146309.html

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2006/index.shtml

07 GT500

3920lbs

500hp/480tq

7.84lbs/hp

$41,900

06 C6

3179lbs

400hp/400tq

7.95lbs/hp

$45,000 (base)

06 C6 ZO6

3130lbs

505hp/475tq

6.26lbs/hp

$65,000

So to sum it up, the GT500 and C6 are going to be a good race. However, the GT500 will win. Period. The GT500 vs the C6 ZO6 will be a slaughter. The ZO6 is going to spank the stock GT500. However, the ZO6 has a MSRP of $20K more. Give me that GT500 and $20k to mod it with over the ZO6 any day.

Sources:

http://www.intellichoice.com/reports/vehicleReport/vehicle_nmb/17402/year/2006/make/Chevrolet/model/Corvette

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/10/24/146309.html

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2006/index.shtml

The GT500 weighs some 800 pounds more than the C6. That's a lot - that's the rough equivalent of giving up 80rwhp. So, even though the GT500 has 100 more (rated flywheel) HP, it seems like it needs every bit of it just to remain on a even performance playing field with the C6.

Thanks for posting up the prices of the C6 and the GT500. Seems like I was right - they are in the same class. If that's true, then, well, the C6 Z06 isn't in the same class, is it? So, it's not fair to say, "Well, the C6 Z06 will spank the GT500, but give me the extra money that you'd spend on the cost of the C6 Z06 to mod the GT500 and I'll destroy the C6 Z06." My reasoning? Well, because, if you use the rationale we're establishing (e.g., that the GT500 is more in the class of the standard C6), then you'd have to say that the C6 Z06 is actually in a class above the GT500 and competes with the Ford GT. And, if that's the case, then you could turn around and use the same argument: "Yeah, well, the Ford GT may beat the C6 Z06 stock for stock, but give me all the extra cash that the GT costs to mod the Z06 and watch me walk all over the GT."

BTW, I don't think the performance of the C6 Z06 and the Ford GT are too far apart.

find a gt500 for 41,900...

The all of the posts before you make a dumbass comment. The MSRP is $41,900. Right now there's a $20k markup at the dealer. Its the same thing they did to the 03 Cobra. However, by next year it will be back down to the MSRP. Just like with the 03 Cobra. I stated this earlier.

The GT500 weighs some 800 pounds more than the C6. That's a lot - that's the rough equivalent of giving up 80rwhp. So, even though the GT500 has 100 more (rated flywheel) HP, it seems like it needs every bit of it just to remain on a even performance playing field with the C6.

Thanks for posting up the prices of the C6 and the GT500. Seems like I was right - they are in the same class. If that's true, then, well, the C6 Z06 isn't in the same class, is it? So, it's not fair to say, "Well, the C6 Z06 will spank the GT500, but give me the extra money that you'd spend on the cost of the C6 Z06 to mod the GT500 and I'll destroy the C6 Z06." My reasoning? Well, because, if you use the rationale we're establishing (e.g., that the GT500 is more in the class of the standard C6), then you'd have to say that the C6 Z06 is actually in a class above the GT500 and competes with the Ford GT. And, if that's the case, then you could turn around and use the same argument: "Yeah, well, the Ford GT may beat the C6 Z06 stock for stock, but give me all the extra cash that the GT costs to mod the Z06 and watch me walk all over the GT."

BTW, I don't think the performance of the C6 Z06 and the Ford GT are too far apart.

I agree completely. That was the point I was trying to make. The GT500 and the C6 I'd say are in the same class. Comparable price, power, performance, etc. And I believe stock for stock the GT500 will out perform the C6. Not by much, but look at the weight to horsepower ratios. Even though the GT500 is quite heavier, it has a lower weight to horsepower ratio. It'll be close. The comment about give me a GT500 and $20k was my personal opinion. You know me Johnny Bravo, I love Mustangs.

The ZO6 is an amazing vehicle. And yes, I'd say its up there with the GT. I'm not doing the research to pull up numbers, but I'd be willing to bet its a close match.

Funny, there still taxing the ford GT !!

Wow. You really need to read my posts. The Ford GT is a VERY limited production vehicle. Always was, always will be. The GT500 is going to have around 8000 made each year for at least the next four years. That's not very limited production. Infact, that's more than the 03/04 Cobras. A lot more. So, what happens when a market is (speaking comparatively) flooded? The price goes down. Again, this was all stated already in this thread.

Yeah, again, Ford loses.

I must say I have to agree. But I wouldn’t mind having that 5.4 motor in my car as you can't make up for more cubic inches. Also if people wanted a c6 they would buy one or vise versa with the gt500. Imop I think the gt500 is really ugly and will never own one. I have thought of selling my cobra many times for a c-6 but it doesn’t seem very practical when I have it almost paid off in a year or so. And I can get the performance results desired that I already have a good start on

after reading a little more and also seeing the GT500 in person.. i think its pretty much this

straight line GT500 > C6

road course Gt500 < C6

they look pretty mean in person, but ehh to bulky.. the C6 is just plain sexy..

find a gt500 for 41,900...

You forgot the gas gussler tax of $1,300. ;) ($43,200)

Many people are getting them for MSRP. Look on any of the stang sites. (modularfords, svtperf, stangnet, etc....) This car will be had for under MSRP in 6-8 months period.

Just like the FORD GT only the first idiots on the block are paying the premium. Now you can buy GT's for INVOICE! :D

- Why do people keep saying similar performance to a C6? Straight line acceleration, but that's about it.

- Why do people keep quoting C6 prices for loaded drop-top models? Based out C6's are far more comparable to the GT500 (and still have more features).

- The "I can buy xxx for so much money and spank xxx." Well, I can buy a good condition Fox body, build up a motor and supercharge it, blow the doors off the GT500, for less money than a new V6 model. Point? Could buy a GTO and throw a blower on it and spank the GT500 too for a lot less money. Point again??