Spending the day in NYC...

MrMeanGreen

I'm leaving for the day to go to NYC. I'm in Southern Connecticut (Danbury) for business and NYC is only 1.5 hours away. I've been there once before in the dead of winter to pick a car up in a sleet storm, but swore I'd come back in the summer. Here it is, the perfect opportunity.

I've no clue what I'm going to do, other than pick up a fake Rolex for me and Jason (Droptop), as well as a fake purse for Jessica.

I have my 1.3MP camera phone, so I'll be taking some pics along the way. I'll be back tonight :)

I had a friggin blast today, definitely worth doing.

Details to come tomorrow, I have some badass quality "not-so-legal" DVDs (Click, Pirates II, Superman Returns, Cars, Lady in the Water, and Monster House) to watch that I picked up on Canal Street :D

I don't agree. I've watched two of the DVDs, and viewed all of them. I picked them up for $3/each and rate them as a 7 on video (slightly above VHS quality) and 8 on sound. Close to a Divx rip downloaded from a torrent, but with a real case, real label, and no hassle on time spent downloading and burning, along with supplies, on my part.

The Rolex was $25 and is not for dinner parties, it's for Droptop per his request. It looks pretty damned real, though. Same goes with the two Chanel purses and Chanel handbag I bought for $20/each for my wife. It's all about the haggling (down from $150 for the watch and $185 for the Chanel shit).

Hell, part of the fun was dealing with these people, watching them freak when a NYPD came close, and hustling people off to basements or upstairs warehouses to show the "secret showrooms" displaying this shit. I had a great time, got to see NYC on a really nice day (mid-80s and sunny), and was overall amazed.

Anyone is more than welcome to come by when I get back to watch my "more expensive and low NYC quality" movies whereas I'll tell you promptly to blow me :D

Any NY fakes (dvd, watches, bags) are pretty low quality and more expensive than elsewhere.

Uh, no. As far as price, it only seems that way, because the guys selling this stuff can spot a tourist a mile away. Standard price = 5-10 X what he'll really sell it for. Quality, that depends. You can buy really nice stuff in Little Italy or Chelsea, but walk through Times Square or Battery Park and you'll most likely get junk because that is where all the tourists end up.

Anyone is more than welcome to come by when I get back to watch my "more expensive and low NYC quality" movies whereas I'll tell you promptly to blow me :D

Paying under 1 dollar for a DVD quality copy of something not out yet < paying 3 for something better than VHS.

If you only paid 3 each, you didnt come out too bad, especially if they weren't the movie theater cam corder versions....

Any NY fakes (dvd, watches, bags) are pretty low quality and more expensive than elsewhere.

not true...NYC is inexpensive compared to other places to buy fake purses, watches, etc. Try going to Mexico for the same quality stuff. You'll pay double, almost triple what u would in NYC. Plus all the fake stuff sucks anyways...always falls apart/breaks. I only get the real deal now. If u know what ur looking for u can get a real LV relatively inexpensive.

not true...NYC is inexpensive compared to other places to buy fake purses, watches, etc. Try going to Mexico for the same quality stuff. You'll pay double, almost triple what u would in NYC. Plus all the fake stuff sucks anyways...always falls apart/breaks. I only get the real deal now. If u know what ur looking for u can get a real LV relatively inexpensive.

Always cheaper at the source..... China rocks.

Ground Zero?
i went there the last week on January. It was a waste of time. They had fences up, and it was nearly impossible to see anything at all. And what little I could see was just a hole. There is nothing there anymore.

i went there the last week on January. It was a waste of time. They had fences up, and it was nearly impossible to see anything at all. And what little I could see was just a hole. There is nothing there anymore.

one of the skyscrapers next to ground zero had a nice display/model of the "Freedom Tower" they were going to put up at ground zero. it was going to be the tallest building in the world. it looked pretty sweet. i think they may have scrapped the plans for that though.

I GOT STATEN ISLAND ON MY PINKY QUEENS ON MY THUMB DUDE

THE BRONX ON MY MIDDLE FINGER SCREAMIN FUCK YOU

ROCK ICE IN MANHATTAN SO THERE'S THE RING FINGER

YOU KNOW I HAD TO KEEP BROOKLYN ON THE TRIGGER FINGER

(Get low Pap!) Five boroughs of death, you don't understand

I got New York City in the palm of my hand

Now I could make a tight fist and let it crumble ridiculous

Or I could smack the world with a New York Nemesis