turbo coming soon

Alex L.

hey guys, dad and me just recently purchased the rest of my turbo kit. the guy lives in wasghington, so its gonna be quite some time before i get the parts, but i'm fucking ecstatic. i'm gonna be lookign for a little over 200 at the wheels to start, since i'm only gonna run 6-7 psi. i'm hoping for a fast car, so we'll see what happens. oh, and if you're wondering what kit it is, go to http://www.rabidchimp.com and check it out. i've been friends with that guy for awhile, and he makes good quality shit.

But I definately, DEFINATELY, wouldnt have let my kid have a Supra for his first car.

i'm not going to drive my all the time for my first car. i've been looking at cummins diesel dodge pickups. a reg. cab 4wd manual tranny sounds appealing. yeah, my car's come a long way. if you go to http://www.alexsuprasite.com/suprapics.htm and look from the bottom to the top, it's amazing. it looks like a different car now. i bought my beater for $700, and now we have almost $10,000 in it. :eek:

Why are you not condoning this? I wish my dad would have done this with me as a kid. You're telling me you wouldn't want your kid..at home..with you...working on a project car instead of out with other kids smoking, drinking, etc.

I hope you build a kickass car and not be stupid with it.

:nice:

as cool as it is that you and your dad have found common ground in tinkering with your project beater, i pose this question to CR.

What is worse, a benchracer bitch that drives a riced civic yet totes his buddy's awesome ass ___________mobile with 900whp

OR

A kid that can't drive for 2 years talking about how fast his car is gonna be?

as cool as it is that you and your dad have found common ground in tinkering with your project beater, i pose this question to CR.

What is worse, a benchracer bitch that drives a riced civic yet totes his buddy's awesome ass ___________mobile with 900whp

OR

A kid that can't drive for 2 years talking about how fast his car is gonna be?

The kid is proud of his project, you can't fault him for that. I applaud his father for wanting (and being able to) take the time to have a project with his son at that age. Not only is it good bonding time, but it shows him first hand what all goes into a project, so it's a pretty good incentive to not go out and wreck it the first day he has his license (like I did).

That being said, I wouldn't go with an unreliable 7M, there are better and more easily modable engines that will fit in a second gen supra.

The kid is proud of his project, you can't fault him for that. I applaud his father for wanting (and being able to) take the time to have a project with his son at that age. Not only is it good bonding time, but it shows him first hand what all goes into a project, so it's a pretty good incentive to not go out and wreck it the first day he has his license (like I did).

That being said, I wouldn't go with an unreliable 7M, there are better and more easily modable engines that will fit in a second gen supra.

i would agree with copperhead. my father and i started working on my 1969 gmc when 15 and I apperciated that time to work on something before you can use it it makes that first day with a license great.

They're actually keeping the 5m that comes in the MKII. They wanna do something a little different.

Here's what my 1st car kinda looked like. Try to imagine it two-tone, though. Black and gold. lol

http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~wstef/pix/gsb2_s.jpg

I bought two of them for $200 and used one as parts. I actually still have the car sitting on my 5 acre lot in Lake Limestone, Texas. It's got trees and shit growing out of it, now. :p No 1st gear, no reverse, had to hold it in the rest of the gears. Front windshield caulked in (never leaked), back seat out for lightweight mod (lol, actually it was so I could load my dogs in it.) At the time, we were living on dirt roads and there were miles of them. I never drove on the asphault - never needed to. I was 8th or 9th grade. I was 13. It taught me alot, though I will admit I was still an ass in it from time to time.... wait... eh, no different than now. :D

Why are you not condoning this? I wish my dad would have done this with me as a kid. You're telling me you wouldn't want your kid..at home..with you...working on a project car instead of out with other kids smoking, drinking, etc.

I hope you build a kickass car and not be stupid with it.

:nice:

This was my thought in his last thread. Good for him and his dad, I wish I could have done something like this with my dad. I will do this with my son when I have one.

+1 for project car just be safe i see alot of young guys get cars much more then they can handle ( Lack of understand understeer/oversteer) but yeah one more +1 for the nice ride and project just becareful

My parents restricted me hardcore until i got older i did not get my first camaro until i moved out of the house

there's no way in hell i'm going to be stupid with this car. we've got way too much in it for me to wreck it. i've got the parts car to dick around in. heh, i almost roasted the tires off the old wheels with that parts car. even though i'm 14, i have a great respect for cars already. this can be attributed to me almost flipping a convertable. z rated tires and grass dont mix. :marc:

The kid is proud of his project, you can't fault him for that. I applaud his father for wanting (and being able to) take the time to have a project with his son at that age. Not only is it good bonding time, but it shows him first hand what all goes into a project, so it's a pretty good incentive to not go out and wreck it the first day he has his license
I agree