Local machine shop

tristanlee85

I'm located in Grove City and I'm trying to find a reputable machine shop that can overbore my block about .5mm. I'm sure it's been asked before, but the search for "machine shop" for some reason turned up threads about "FUCK GEORGE BUSH"...

Anyway, can someone give me a few good places and pricing if possible?

For just standerd stuff (non preformance) I use

Humphrey's Engine Service

2920 lazar road

grovetucky,oh

614-875-1836

they have alway done good for me and have good turn around. I don't know about head porting or things like that but for simple machine work they are just as good and have good prices

Awesome. Thanks for the replies.

Huh? Are you being sarcastic or am I missing something or what? Inside joke? No? Because, searching for machine shops strangely enough, turns up a bunch of threads regarding machine shops. If fucking George Bush is truly your interest, there's another place for that. Here is not it. :D

http://www.plastikhosting.net/uploads/tristanlee85/CR-screenshot.png

• 2 months later...
I haven't called up the place yet since I just got the pistons ordered and I was wondering what a decent price is for the machine work so I know what's a rip off and what isn't. The thing is, the guy I am buying the pistons from has a block matched for them for $100 extra. Are machine costs going to be more than that?

My block work was done at Col-Weld..I was pleased with the machine work and the price but they didn't shot blast the block when they cleaned it and it looked like crap with old paint and some rust on it. My Balancing was done at Fast Racing Engines in Groveport..extremely pleased, they did it in less that a day..they can do any and all machine work you need. Oh, and $100 won't get you a bore and torque plate hone at anyplace I ever heard of.