Fireman I have some question's. Please help

Johny Utah

I wanted to know what do I have to do to become a fireman? Was it difficult to become one? How long does it take to get the job? Are you happy with being one? Do you look forward to being at work? How are the hours? Is it financially good? I would like to hopefully get a chance at becoming one. I would like to work as one in a small city. Thank you.

my gf's sister is a firefighter... she currently goes to columbus state for a fire science degree... She was a member of the fire department in centerburg since she was like 13 (junior firefighter kinda thing), went to the career center in MountVernon and left the lead of her class. I think it involves being a volunteer firefighter for a while though...

You have 2 choices... you can either pay and get certified and look for a job or try and take as many civil service tests as you can and pray every night. Getting a full time ride as a police officer or firefighter is like winning the jackpot.

Rite there in Grove Port at the adult career center they have a firefighter/emt class offered. http://www.eastland.k12.oh.us/Adult/ViewClass.aspx?ID=13&PageDisplayingSearchResults=/Adult/SearchResults.aspx&PageDisplayingProgram=/Adult/ViewClass.aspx&PageIndex=0&SubmitButtonPressed=SearchByCategory&SortExpression=&SelectedDropDownListValue=5

You shouldnt want to be a hose humper anyway :grin2:

My cousin is a full time firefighter for Hilliard and part time for Washington Township. He went to Hocking College for his Fire/EMT training. Also spent some time at the fireman's college in Reynoldsburg. While he was in school he was doing volunteer work at different stations depending if he was home or at college. Anyway, after college he got on with Washington Township for a while then got the job at Hilliard. He loves his job. I remember him saying the pay was ok, but if you want to make some good money, volunteer to go out west and fight forest fires. After doing that for 2 summers, he paid for his very large 2-story house with cash in Hilliard. Harzard pay is very nice.