Anyone know how to lower an 05 gsxr

igotaprestent4u

I'm 6' and have no problem touching, just when going back and forth ffrom my dudes 750 to my 600, mine feels waaay higher. I know there is an adjustable coil in the back, i just dont have the stuff to do it, i'll get ya some lunch or something if ya help me out.

you got a couple different ways to fix that...

1. You can pop off the staples under that seat, and get a elec turkey carver...and shave down 1" to 2" of the seat....staple the fabric back...you now have lowered you seat height

2. You can buy Dogbones or lowering links to lower the bike any where from 1" to 3"...but you will need someone that knows what they are doing to install the links....

That someone is Streamline Cycles....Pm me and let me know which way you need help in...

just some input on this one man. I just picked up a gixxxer 6thousand and it was lowered. I am trying to raise it back up because they handle pretty much like shit when they are lowered. Its not all that bad but its so much worse than it should be. But what do I know I am some little crazy asian that love you long time. :lol:

i think my bike may have been raised or something or maybe its just a freak, it stands about 2 inches higher than my dudes 750. I did buy it used so i duno.

zach, i'll ask ryan how he raised/lowered my bike, because afaik we've got the same suspension setup, so it should work on your bike if it did mine.

I think he just wants to adjust the preload on the rear shock. The tool used to adjust those "large nuts" is called a spanner wrench and good luck getting it on there without removing the shock. Alot of people use a screwdriver and a hammer, but alot of people are not very smart either. So I would recommend using an extention from a socket set and hammering on that, because the end of that will not damage the large nuts on the coil.

When I got my bike a fat guy must have owned it because when I got on the bike I had no sag at all and I adjusted mine this way until I got the proper amount of sag.

you got a couple different ways to fix that...

1. You can pop off the staples under that seat, and get a elec turkey carver...and shave down 1" to 2" of the seat....staple the fabric back...you now have lowered you seat height

2. You can buy Dogbones or lowering links to lower the bike any where from 1" to 3"...but you will need someone that knows what they are doing to install the links....

That someone is Streamline Cycles....Pm me and let me know which way you need help in...

Had Streamline do that for me. It didn't change handling at all just a little lower to the ground! Wasn't a huge difference but they couldn't take as much out of the Honda seat. Hard as a rock Honda seats but GSXR seat have more to play with! I would try that before messing with lowering links and everything else!

I think he just wants to adjust the preload on the rear shock. The tool used to adjust those "large nuts" is called a spanner wrench and good luck getting it on there without removing the shock. Alot of people use a screwdriver and a hammer, but alot of people are not very smart either. So I would recommend using an extention from a socket set and hammering on that, because the end of that will not damage the large nuts on the coil.

When I got my bike a fat guy must have owned it because when I got on the bike I had no sag at all and I adjusted mine this way until I got the proper amount of sag.

ahh, the threads on that are only for shock preload? nothing at all to do with height?

They do have a little something to do with height as if there is too much preload the bike will not sag with you sitting on it or under its own weight. People will argue what the correct sag is depending on your riding style but usually around an inch maybe a little more.

How much lower do you want your bike to sit?

When I first got my bike there was no sag and would I would be stopped the seat would be all up in my nutz. Now with 30mm of sag, not so much

You do that to a Duck and you'll be sitting on the rear subframe. :wtf:

They do have a little something to do with height as if there is too much preload the bike will not sag with you sitting on it or under its own weight. People will argue what the correct sag is depending on your riding style but usually around an inch maybe a little more.

How much lower do you want your bike to sit?

When I first got my bike there was no sag and would I would be stopped the seat would be all up in my nutz. Now with 30mm of sag, not so much

thats exactly what i want, only about 1/2 inch which is about how long the threads are, so i just need to find someone with that specific spanner wrench to do it?