SawStop

Buck531

Damn, that's sweet. I gotta show my neighbor this. He'll be rid of his old one (to me probably :D ) and will have this in his garage in a month. Actually, it's probably expensive as hell.

Found it... it quickly gets to be north of 3grand. Almost twice of what you'd pay for a regular one. But way less than new fingers. ;)

My brother in law could have used that saw about 7 years ago he cut off his middle finger with his table saw.. He had a dado blade on and it just ground down the finger to the middle knuckle. He just gives people the bird with half a finger now.

Guest gogeeta13
Seeing advances like these are the beginning of the next generation of products we will have. Right now, we are in the tail end of the computer/electronics revolution. I think the next big wave will be super smart machines and automobiles that increase safety, accuracy and efficiency in everyday life.

The concept is good, and in certain places, like high school wood shops, it would be a wonderful thing. Shop guys know better than to get their fingers near the blade. That's what push sticks are for. I think it might promote the 'gee, I can get my fingers close now, I have that brake thing on my saw' and the only way to know it's not going to work correctly is for it to be put to the test.... Are you SURE that you would want to be the one to tough a spinning saw blade and the safely not work.

The concept is good, and in certain places, like high school wood shops, it would be a wonderful thing. Shop guys know better than to get their fingers near the blade. That's what push sticks are for. I think it might promote the 'gee, I can get my fingers close now, I have that brake thing on my saw' and the only way to know it's not going to work correctly is for it to be put to the test.... Are you SURE that you would want to be the one to tough a spinning saw blade and the safely not work.

That's what I used back in Jr. High. That table saw scared the hell outta me.