Good people on CR

Mojoe

I've made this post before, but feel compelled to start/ state it again.

I am constantly floored by the people I have met through CR. Never will I claim to be a mechanic. And there are people on this site that have amazing amounts of knowledge about cars and how to work on them; who are not mechanic's. However, those people have time and time again made the effort to share their knowledge and help out someone with a similar interest. I am someone who has received the aid of many people on this board. There is a friendship there, but I also know their time is valuable. I always fear wasting it, because I too value their time.

As many of you know I have been putting together a full build of my RX 7, fresh motor, coilovers, and new brake components. It will be no record breaker for HP or high MPH, but it will be fun to drive every time. That is what I wanted. I want it to show its best on road courses and some auto cross. The engine has been done for over 2 months and I ran into a learning curve while working on the car at 3am alone (enough said). The suspension was completed last night and that is the inspiration for this post.

One friend said he would be over after work to help with correcting my learning curve. Two other friends ended up being able to come over who had the tools/ knowledge needed to press in pillow ball bushings. This was a task I was not looking forward to doing. It was much needed and I just did not want to do it. They offered and beings that I know they have done this before, they are who would be best qualified to touch that part of my car. I accepted. The work done on the car last night was not that hard. I know that, because it didn't take them long at all. We used only hand tools and were done in a few hours. They made it look easy. I knew what they were doing, but no way would I have been able to do it so easily.

While working I looked up and saw these friends sweating their ass’s off and working hard. Beer is a given as payment with some, but $2 beverages are not enough compensation for the feeling of your car being done right. These people know who they are. I will not mention their names, in fear of them becoming flooded with people wanting their help. Please know that the help that has been given on my project is appreciated more than I can express. Thank you.

With all the people we have on this board and all the bickering that goes on here, there are people that will help you out when you need them. I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to our automotive society the way these people have inspired me too.