Need a filter of some sort

Sam1647545489

can you run it out to the exhaust like the breathers from a drag car to pull the vaccum out of the engine, just do it on a smaller scale with a small piece of tubbing ran down to the exhaust off your header? tap it in there and who cares if it puffs a little oil out, just an idea...don't know if you can use it or not. Or if you do use a k&n style breather wrap it with a rag zip tied around the breather to not let the oil come out onto the engine. Just change the rag every so often

Guest powers
Sam lets remove the valve covers and modify the box baffles, then run both sides to a T run that line into the catch can and then put a breather on the catch can just like the one that Rob posted but we can make it look a little better. That should fix the issue.

Putting some steel wool in the catch can will help trap oil so the filter on top of the can stays clean and prety. Run a filter (wire mesh, nothing so fine the oil can saturate it) between the catch can and the valve cover so you can't acidently draw any loose steel wool fibers back into the engine if you draw vaccum in the crankcase.

Guest powers
Putting some steel wool in the catch can will help trap oil so the filter on top of the can stays clean and prety. Run a filter (wire mesh, nothing so fine the oil can saturate it) between the catch can and the valve cover so you can't acidently draw any loose steel wool fibers back into the engine if you draw vaccum in the crankcase.

A crankcase is only under vacuum if you have a vacuum pump or have rerouted the pvc ports back to the intake. This would draw the oil into the intake like he had before.

When you add mesh you will condense the oil vapors and you need ot have that routed to drain back into the motor upon shut down. This is why I told him we will modify his box baffles in the valve covers.

Needs to be able to let air out but not let and fluids pass through. It is for my catch can. Whats out there.

I thought this was a discussion that already had a solution to it? I remember posting some links.

Greg / R.L. has the smartest solution...baffle from the inside and T both valve covers into a catch can.

What would be even smarter is adding a T-valve to the bottom of the can for drainage AND adding a vent line that uses the Moroso (see Jegs) exhaust 1-way valve fitting and weld in for the header. I have an extra one if you need to see what it looks like. I'll toss it in the car in case you're out tonight.

Right next to a certain "3/8 tap."

Tony

Guest Removed

suction should be at the top side, so should the breather hoses.Id run a evac hose off the exhuast stream too suck on the catch can.. MIne keeped blowing the dipstick tube out, and blowing seals out.Crankcase evac system by moroso..let it suck on your catch can, but id say yours isnt baffled, a plate inside that can between the two fittings, should stop it from sucking the oil in with the vapor.

The main goal is too pull vacuum on the crank case, but keep the oil out of the intake stream(lowers the octane of the fuel too).