STRONG chemical to strip paint/surface rust?

Bam

I'm stripping my project down to bare metal and grinding it works fine, but will take a long time. I'm looking for something that I can wipe/spray on and let it soak or something, to get it to bare metal. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

It's actually called Aircraft Remover they sell it Autozone, Advanced Auto etc. It comes in a spray can or a liquid container. It's is really sick to watch it work it eats through anything. It's about $7 for a spray bottle of it.

http://dunereview.com/EngineRebuild/PaintRemover.jpg

+1 for aircraft stripper. I buy it in gallons at Segels on Sinclair (I think thats the road). Don't let it get on your skin, and don't wear latex gloves, it eats right through.

Go to Harbor freight and buy a box of cheap paint brushes, and kroger for the cheap throw away turkey pans.

Sweet, thanks guys! I'll try and find that segels place first, if not I'll just hit up the local autozone. This won't be hard to clean, as its a tube chassis, but what will clean this remover shit off well?

maybe they did something different back in the 60's for paint, lead based?

it was paint from the 70's and also painted again in the 80's and last coat was flat black rustolium. it had like 6 layers of paint from the moron i bought it from.

it was paint from the 70's and also painted again in the 80's and last coat was flat black rustolium. it had like 6 layers of paint from the moron i bought it from.

Damn, so what ended up taking it off? My problem is the previos owner didn't paint it soon enough, and so there is surface rust UNDER the paint, which I hope all comes off.

36 grit sand paper and a week worth of 9 hour days to get it close to metal and all the body filler. then 120 grit paper to metal then 320 on the metal. i did big parts at a time then cleaned super good and sealed it with a 2 part epoxy, it came out looking like this

before

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/camaro002.jpg

after

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/camaro007.jpg

Damn, so what ended up taking it off? My problem is the previos owner didn't paint it soon enough, and so there is surface rust UNDER the paint, which I hope all comes off.

Dont think there is any stripper that will take off surface rust. You will probably end up having to glass bead it.

Forgot to say that Easy Off Oven cleaner will take off Rustoleum. About 4 I think walmart is cheaper than Kroger by almost 50%!

if you have sufface rust youl need ot sand or have it media blasted. did my neighbors son's gocart with a cheap little $60 SB tank. and half a bag of sand. and of course you will need a air compressor. Or you could rent one for a day.