mustang running way rich... I think

Dave1647545494

got her running a few days ago its in time fuel pressure is dead on at 40 psi no truoble codes....

now I can't check o'2 voltages becuase for some reason my baddass scanner won't give me live readings on an obd1 ford :(.

if this helps its an e-303 cam hedders off road h-pipe and air pump delete.

I havn't been able to drive it any further than the end of the driveway yet becuase I don't have tags on it but when its running in the garage even with tthe doors open it just smells like its way overboard rich..

is this normal or do I need to get an airfuel meter and check it out?

probably a dumb question but my truck doesn't smell that strong when it runs and it doesn't have any emmissions equipment on it either.....

thanks

oh its a 90lx 5.0 5speed car A9L Computer

got her running a few days ago its in time fuel pressure is dead on at 40 psi no truoble codes....

now I can't check o'2 voltages becuase for some reason my baddass scanner won't give me live readings on an obd1 ford :(.

if this helps its an e-303 cam hedders off road h-pipe and air pump delete.

I havn't been able to drive it any further than the end of the driveway yet becuase I don't have tags on it but when its running in the garage even with tthe doors open it just smells like its way overboard rich..

is this normal or do I need to get an airfuel meter and check it out?

probably a dumb question but my truck doesn't smell that strong when it runs and it doesn't have any emmissions equipment on it either.....

thanks

oh its a 90lx 5.0 5speed car A9L Computer

OBD1 fords, besides those that output DCL data, wont output any live feed data, thats why your scanner won't work with it.

There are many reasons it "could" be running rich, but dont assume it is until you have a wideband on it.

I would probably buy/borrow an Air/Fuel ratio gauge (prefereably a wideband) before you spend alot of money on parts. Also, having no emissions equipment and an aftermarket cam with more overlap than stock (not a huge cam, but significant change from stock), can conspire to make for a pretty strong fuel odor even when the car is at or near running correct A/F.

Also, as noted above, you could always drag it to the dyno and use their wideband to check it (and maybe tune with the FPR and timing a little while you're at it).