looking for dynojet tuner

Joe

I am sure there has to be at least one around here, but does anyone know of a dynojet tuner in this area? I have a few ideas, and unfortunately, will need some custom dyno time! I wouldnt mind renting the dyno from Brian and bring the tuner there.

I called Brock's Performance, and they dont have in in house dyno, and he is far to busy to come dyno my bike for what I want to do with it, but told me I get free map support with the purchase of a pipe and PC3.

Talk to Joe Morasco at MSP Suzuki in Heath. He uses a DynoJet dyno along with the DynoJet "Tuning Link" software. "Tuning Link" software ties together the dyno software to you Power Commander software. Basically. You enter a target air/fuel ratio for whatever throttle position you want and based on the readings it gets from the dyno's wideband, it writes the map for you. I'm sure you could do the same manually, but this takes far less time with less dyno pulls on your bike. I have never seen it in use, but hear it's really nice.

creative custom choppers in delaware ohio

not really a good recommendation for various reasons

1. kelly doesn't own it there anymore

2. they don't use a dyno jet

3. and i really doubt that the new guy that owns it knows a whole lot about tuning, let alone a brand new zx14r

just my opinion

I have my own place now, Kelly doesnt own CCC anymore (its now cheshire choppers) one of the guys that works there knows sport bikes pretty well (He went to school for them in FL) however I dont know how well any of them know how to tune.

Their number is 740-362-0694

I am sure there has to be at least one around here, but does anyone know of a dynojet tuner in this area? I have a few ideas, and unfortunately, will need some custom dyno time! I wouldnt mind renting the dyno from Brian and bring the tuner there.

I called Brock's Performance, and they dont have in in house dyno, and he is far to busy to come dyno my bike for what I want to do with it, but told me I get free map support with the purchase of a pipe and PC3.

brocks performance ftw on the zx14!!!!! excelent choice their pipe sounds wicked.

Just use his custom map and see if it needs anything from there. Normally his maps are spot on. If all else fails, take it to Dayton and have him tweak it at American Made like he does with everyone elses bikes...... ;)

See, thats the problem I am ealing with. Brock wont supply a map without a purchase of pipe and PC3. I am not getting a pipe, but am getting a PC3. I am still trying to sweet talk him into a "base map" for the mods I have planned though.

Why bother with a PC-3 if you aren't getting a pipe? Unless you plan to go TURBO, you're going to need a custom tune anyway. If you aren't going TURBO why do any mods WITHOUT a pipe in conjunction? You would just be keeping other mods down and restrict total output!?!?

Have you read any of his write ups on the ZX-14? A pipe would be at the top of my list if not for a TURBO..... ;)

Guest samhain
Why bother with a PC-3 if you aren't getting a pipe? Unless you plan to go TURBO, you're going to need a custom tune anyway. If you aren't going TURBO why do any mods WITHOUT a pipe in conjunction? You would just be keeping other mods down and restrict total output!?!?

Have you read any of his write ups on the ZX-14? A pipe would be at the top of my list if not for a TURBO..... ;)

After break-in, I would buy a turbo. No question.

For the price of a PC3 and a little tuning, I can get over 35tq 27hp from 3000rpm all the way to redline. No pipe needed. A pipe only adds about 10tq and 15ish hp anyways, and its $1200!!! :eek: No thanks.

For the price of a PC3 and a little tuning, I can get over 35tq 27hp from 3000rpm all the way to redline. No pipe needed. A pipe only adds about 10tq and 15ish hp anyways, and its $1200!!! :eek: No thanks.

:bs:

That's funny because Brock didn't even get those results with a pipe, PC3, race fuel and other mods. You may pick some of that up BELOW 4,000rpm but NOT all the way to redline.... :nono::rolleyes:

Part 1...

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=2079&z=2

Part 2...

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=2196&z=2

PC3 and a TRE will help below 4k but you aren't getting anywhere close to those results without more mods.... :nono:

http://www.bikeland.org/misc/articles/tretest.pdf