food for thought about driving fucked up this weekend

thorne

+1 for the seatbelt law being BS :bs: :bs: :bs:

Should be a persons right to allow themselves to potentially get hurt. I was in an accident a few years ago, not wearing a seatbelt, and tore the whole side of my face off going through the other ladies windshield. I'm sure a seatbelt would have saved me a little stitching and facial re-construction but......I paid for it anyway. I didn't need a ticket to remind me that I probabbly should have been wearing my seatbelt. And the sheriff had the nerve to come to the hospital and throw me the seatbelt ticket while i was laying on the table getting glass picked out of my forehead :mad:

The reason Ohio doesnt have a helmet law is because we are an insurance state (I.E. shit load of insurance companies headquartered in columbus). Its cheaper for the insurance company to pay off premium after you wreck and are dead then it is to pay for years and years of rehabilitation and hospital bills. Its pure and simple economics. You live after motorcycle wreck it costs tomuch to take care of you, you dying is much cheaper.

The whole seatbelt thing to me personally its up to you if you want to wear it. I'll still write ya for it because its the law but if your dead thats your problem not mine I don't have to do the paperwork, you saved me time.

I got my 3 OVI arrests this weekend, 1 robber and 1 thief.

ok i personally dont agree with the belt law.

call em an asshole or whatever.

yes seat belts save lives 90% of the time.

i prefer not to wear one. should i get punished for not wearing one. i dont think so.

i look at it like smoking.

smoking can kill you as well.

I agree %100! What I don't get is, why are they so strict about seatbelts but not helmets on a motorcycle? I think it's kind of hypocritical.

Not a video I'm asking about on the wheel thing. The top left picture when you click on the original link. Almost like the trooper's checking for ground clearance or something.

He's measuring distance or length, as in skid marks or feet from the intersection, in that photograph. That measuring wheel has nothing to do with measuring height or clearance.

http://www.contractor-books.com/CB/MM_Wheels/MM_Wheels.htm

1 robber and 1 thief.

What's the difference?

Sunday night i was the DD for my brother and his friend, we went to the taco bell off bethel and sawmill around 3am, 5 cpd cruiser's and one patty wagon sitting in the parking lot possibly some sort of sting. They were pulling over people on bethel and sawmill all weekend. I think i saw literally 3 people actually get handcuffed on the side of the road.