1999 Porsche 996 Aero

AudiOn19s

With the sudden loss of my father last week I have a strong feeling that my brother and I are going to have to purchase my parents house to avoid my mother loosing it. So...with much regret I'm going to post this as a feeler and if the right offer comes along the car will go.

1999 C2

43,000/miles

*Factory Options*

Gaurds Red

Black Full Leather (dash, doors, seats, a/b/c pillar)

Aero kit (factory exclusive option XAA $7000)

18' wheels

Carbon Shifter and Brake

Stainless door sills

Limited slip Diff ('99 was the only year you could get mechanical LSD)

Traction Control

CR-210 + 6 disk changer

M030 sport suspension

Sunroof

Cruise control

Etc.

Mods:

Factory Sport Design 18' wheels 18 x 8, 18 x 10 (origionals were turbo twist wheels) - ($3000 w/ rubber)

GHL Headers and Exhaust system ($2000)

K&N Cold air intake ($350)

H&R springs ($500)

Clear turn signals

Factory Litronics HID headlamps ($1800)

Smoked tail lights (no orange lights on car) ($300)

factory 3-spoke wheel w/ Leather Airbag ($1000)

GT-3 Console delete

Bumper plugs in front

Painted rear bumperettes (bumperplugs.com)

all mods from Carnewal, GHL, or suncoast

Service:

I just did the 45K mile service early w/ s-belt replaced

Recent fluid flush (all including tranny & Brakes)

* both within 3 months*

Records to 2003

5 total owners

Clean Car Fax

Auto-x alignment

Tires @ 75% (Pirelli), Brakes @ 60-70%

No Stories.....

*NO RMS HISTORY* (Seals are factory orignal)

Body:

Well it's owned by me so you can rest assured it's EXTREMELY clean and well kept. This car doesn't see rain / snow.

1 Door Ding in Passanger side door from PO's tool box

Fromt bumper and hood have been respray'd due to rock chipping. All work done previous to me owning the car but is well done.

Price: $38,500

Andy

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/Picture_091.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/Picture_089.jpg

more pictures to come.

Are you kidding? I'm sorry for your loss, but that's no excuse to let a $45,000 car go for $38,000.

This car is increadible, people, spread the word.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on my father. It's been a rough week but everyone is getting through it as best as we can.

As for the price...it's a no nonsense price...there's little or no room in there for negotiation and yes it would be a loss for me on paper...but you do what you have to do to move things sometime. Heck maybe we'll get lucky and I won't have to sell it afterall...but at this point I can't sit around and wait for things to happen and hope that I can keep the car..I have to look after my mom and if it means moving on from my dream car then so be it.

Andy

Oh man Andy that sucks, I'm sorry to hear it. Sounds like life threw you a very unwanted curve ball.

Though I've asked you about it more than once, now is probably not the right time for me to buy a 996 so it's probably good I'm not in Columbus right now or I'd be looking at it. Hopefully you won't have to sell...

• 1 month later...

I know this doesnt belong here, but:

Sorry for your loss. The two nicest cars in the corral are yours, and it must take a very mature and caring individual to part with both so suddenly.

I will be the first to donate to a fund, perhaps we could help getting your cars to ebay? If anyone else is down let me know.

I know this doesnt belong here, but:

Sorry for your loss. The two nicest cars in the corral are yours, and it must take a very mature and caring individual to part with both so suddenly.

I will be the first to donate to a fund, perhaps we could help getting your cars to ebay? If anyone else is down let me know.

I appreciate the kind words. Hopefully only one of them will have to go at this point but there are some things in life that are just more important than my passion for cars. I'm trying everything in my power to not have to get rid of either of the cars, but the harsh reality is that getting rid of at least one just makes sense right now.

I suppose it will just lead to bigger and better down the road eventually.

Andy