"Freeway Patrol"

snredrum

snredrum there are a CrownVic with the 250+ HP V8 SImilar to the crown vic LX sport. Air ride suspension, They are not very quick at all.

they weigh more then a LX sport only thing they have that the LX sport does not have, Higher TOP SPEED (GOVEROR)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9063613285208839927&q=crown+vic&hl=en

snredrum there are a CrownVic with the 250+ HP V8 SImilar to the crown vic LX sport. Air ride suspension, They are not very quick at all.

they weigh more then a LX sport only thing they have that the LX sport does not have, Higher TOP SPEED (GOVEROR)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9063613285208839927&q=crown+vic&hl=en

Cool thanks! I appreciate it. I have seen these around but never really new what the "difference" was.

Do you know by how much higher top speed? I don't know if I am correct but the regular ones have a governor at 130, right?

Cool thanks! I appreciate it. I have seen these around but never really new what the "difference" was.

Do you know by how much higher top speed? I don't know if I am correct but the regular ones have a governor at 130, right?

The Lx has a speed limiter of 112 the Interceptors i believe are at the 135-150 range...... I need the reprogam mine...

PROOF that cops lie! Speed of light > speed of sound.

:D

The speed of sound is only relevant from the officers vocal cords to the mic, then from the reciving radios speaker to the ear drum of the reciving officer. RF is a magnetic wave, wich travels at ~ the speed of light. Of course, there is a few milliseconds of delay if there is a repeater station involved, or if it is on the OSHP trunk network.

Dragknee is very right hence why i put it in the video. If a cop has time to see you , you are done . Running only makes shit worse. But the cruiser are pretty neeats you can pic a older one up for about 4g at the auctions that would make for af un beater.

Strip intereo

Add nitrous

Atleast one good weekend of fun before the motor gives up

Geez, I was just curious as to how fast they go......I know those radio's are WAY faster than what anyone around here drives!!!!

Ugh.... not really. Most cars. Yes. But there are exceptions. Definitely most cars aren't fast enough (my car.) Either way, it's not easy outrunning a cop, or at least as I imagine it would be. Once the choppers out you're done. I've heard of people doing it before though.

The radios have a top speed of... Light Speed. :D

Not entirely true. Radio waves only travel at light speed through a vacuum... a heavier medium like Nitrogen and Oxygen, slows the transmission by a few tenths over a couple hundred miles... i think the "rule" is .001 sec/mile. Perfect example: Cell phone delay. The delay is longer the larger the total distance of both phones are away from the tower(s).

Geez, I was just curious as to how fast they go......I know those radio's are WAY faster than what anyone around here drives!!!!

According to Judge Glaeden... i drive faster :bs:

Uhh, I'm pretty sure Cols. Freeway Patrol still run around in mid 90's Caprices.

10 points for you sir

Freeway patrol does have a majority of the old Caprices running around with a lifited back end and if my memory tells me correctly they are running a mid 90's Vette Engine in them which dosent make them the slowest pursuit cars in the world...

10 points for you sir

Freeway patrol does have a majority of the old Caprices running around with a lifited back end and if my memory tells me correctly they are running a mid 90's Vette Engine in them which dosent make them the slowest pursuit cars in the world...

LT1 :eek::eek: OH NOES!!!!:jerkit:

Well, I can tell you that if your not near the chopper stations that it take a minute to scramble a chooper, You've got a few minutes at the least unless its in the sky and close.

Hypotheticaly If you flew by a cop at 100 + it take a cop 16 seconds to hit ~95 By that time you've just cleared close to a half mile, If you were not stop accelrating and you had a car say a Turboe Charged coupe that handled very well ( Seen it in a movie so its got to be rule ) You could evade them ( not out run ) by exit the freeway and hiding somewere But this is so risky i would never want to try it . Going to jail for a bit of speeding anit worth it.

10 points for you sir

No, they would be running an iron headed LT1, same as the 94-96 Impala SS.