i need help!!!!!!

xTHExBOSSx46

this is auto motive related but may be a little off topic so if it needs moved then mods do so........

i was driving home from the bowling palace on 161 heading toward new albany and right where strawberry farms light is this kid in a silver eclipse ranging from a 94-99 pulls up next to me and when its green he tears off in front of me cause it goes into one lane unless you get off on the 270 exit. well there is a lot of construction and he swerves to miss a barrel and hits his back end on the concrete barrier at about 60 and im at 45 watching this idiot drive crazy and when he hits his back end, his driver side rear fender flys off and hits the front of my car cracking my bumber by the fog light. i would have chased after him to at least get plate numbers but after he saw it hit me he tore completly off and almost out of sight. i had passengers otherwise i would have tried to get closer but with all the construction i didnt want a ticket or possibly hurt myself or my passengers just to get close to this guy. is there ANYTHING i can do to try and figure out who this guy is and get him to pay for my repairs? and if so what can i do? thanks for any help.

Honestly in that situation, you did the right thing. I would not have been as mature as you were, so my hats off to ya. I think all you can do at this point is file a police report and contact your insurance company. I wonder if you were to retrive the piece of the eclipse that hit you if you might be able to get any info off of that??? I dobut it but may be worth a try.