ford is gay

88lx5oh

Our mountaineer is doing great. no issues yet, that is part of the problem with big cars they wear out suspension and brakes and are generally harder on engine parts

---------------------------------

The Big Three's smaller SUV lines are all shit.

The Explorer

The Blazer

The Durango

All pieces of useless crap.

--------------------------------

are you saying that expeditions and suburbans dont hoe the shit out of suspension parts and brakes?? suburbans and yukons eat fuel pumps for breakfast and dinner.

suspension and brakes are great on my X.. even wiht the big 20s rollin..

but the rear end is almost shot, and the tranny.. well ive heard horror stories of them going out at 60k.. so i figured id better get a fluid and filter change in since its got 96k on the clock

I'll bet that is not the original tranny or rear end. I wouldn't doubt it if the ring & pinon has already been replaced twice before you bought it, they go out every 30k miles and 50-60k on the tranny's.

I do like the truck though. Nice ride and pulls my 3,000lb boat like nothing. My friend's '04 Trailblazer is the BIGGEST piece of crap. We tried pulling the boat with it and was very unstable and had NO low end power. It was a joke!

My friend's '04 Trailblazer is the BIGGEST piece of crap. We tried pulling the boat with it and was very unstable and had NO low end power. It was a joke!

What motor. Kolrayz (on here, but mostly on COFBA) tows his T/A with his Trailblazer, and says it does pretty well.

But screw all the small stuff, my Avalanche does great towing cars any my boat. I've had it almost a year now, and I still love this truck, and I've only tossed in a new battery (my fault for killing it), and new front shocks. I only wish I could afford a nice roots blower that it deserves.

im really surprised that there hasnt been a recall on the rear ends. shit or the transmission.

outside of the rear end noise, and having to replace a coil pack. i havent had any problems wiht it.

it has plenty of power, is comfortable, and i love the look of the limited.

will i buy another explorer??? not a chance in hell.

Guest tiresmoker
why... i changed my tranny filter and fluid. the transmission is a sealed transmission, and supposedly lubed for life. retarded. i foudn out how to fill it and all is well. but still it took some effort and boy is that gayness.

Yea, maybe you'll get smart & get rid of that POS FORD! :cool:

why... i changed my tranny filter and fluid. the transmission is a sealed transmission, and supposedly lubed for life. retarded. i foudn out how to fill it and all is well. but still it took some effort and boy is that gayness.

Ford followed BMWs idea when they did that(can't remember what car that started it all), so that you would take it too ford for servicing, and not do it yourself. NOt too many BMW owners work on there own shit anyway. BUt still mainly too keep you from under your own hood :( . Gms setup is easyer, fill hole at the top, and a plug in the side for a drain too keep from over filling.

Ive always hated exploders, I see at least 1 or more a day in the shop.

yeah that type of transmission crap has moved into the world of toyota as well. Its the only thing I don't like about my 2005 Tacoma with the 5sp auto. You can't really change the fluid yourself. A few people have posted detailed instructions for doing it, but to do it properly even requires you to hook it to a computer and run a transmission flush/refill program to put the transmission into the correct mode. You also have to fill it from the side of the case like a manual transmission. Oh well I guess thats the only thing I'll be having the dealer do.

Evan