NASA Races this past weekend

RS69

Did anyone go? I was not expecting much, but in turn loved it. I took my boy with me on Saturday. When we arrived after 1:00pm, there was some practice laps with some Z06s, 911s, etc. This was cool.

The first race was American Iron, which was Ford vs Chevy. This was an incrediable race, the Mustangs vs the Camaros. There was a lot of Fox bodys and newer mustangs. There were Camaros/Firebirds and a couple of older 91 type of Camaros. I didnt care who won, it was heaven, real V8 cars racing.

If you wanted to know it was a mustang.

The next race was FFR Spec Challenge, yes Factory Five Racing, these are the Cobra's. This was incrediable. I spoke to a few of the racers, this is real affordable racing. All of these Cobra's are built and retain the 87 to 93 Mustang drive train and it has to be stock. Most of these cars were under $18K done, yes your labor is free :)

I admit I was sad that SCCA moved their event, but I have been introduced to NASA and this seems to be REAL racing for the average guy and I thinking about setting one of my cars for this. Oh by the way, there was a lot of Honda's, etc racing too.

The first race was American Iron, which was Ford vs Chevy. This was an incrediable race, the Mustangs vs the Camaros. There was a lot of Fox bodys and newer mustangs. There were Camaros/Firebirds and a couple of older 91 type of Camaros. I didnt care who won, it was heaven, real V8 cars racing.

If you wanted to know it was a mustang.

ONLY BECAUSE I WASN'T THERE! I weep for every race that goes by without the Cougar in it. :( I loobied pretty hard for them to accept the MN12/FN10 platform, and they finally did. Now I've got a kid and cant afford to take advantage of that. If you wan't to dominate, you wan't an MN12....you can buy mine!...or Sponsor it! Or just buy it and have me drive! :D

I missed this event. I would have liked to have taken the boy up and watch, but the faits didn't smile on us. Any idea what lap times the AI cars were pulling?