need help with a chevy

yellowsnake

thanks but i just went and bought one. now that i have that all apart i can't get the lower ball joint out, i beat the hell out of it with my sleg hammer and still no move. anything i should know about getting them out?? how about putting some heat to it? would that work??

Not sure on the `96 and newer trucks but the auto parts stores should sell a standard chevy 4x4 hub nut tool. Its a socket with a special design to fit back into the hub easily. I usually just use a screw driver because I"m a cheap ass.

Evan

Not sure on the `96 and newer trucks but the auto parts stores should sell a standard chevy 4x4 hub nut tool. Its a socket with a special design to fit back into the hub easily. I usually just use a screw driver because I"m a cheap ass.

Evan

the newer ones have CV shafts and have one big nut!

those are the old ones, and i have all those too. :D

thanks but i just went and bought one. now that i have that all apart i can't get the lower ball joint out, i beat the hell out of it with my sleg hammer and still no move. anything i should know about getting them out?? how about putting some heat to it? would that work??

press in type? BJ press rented from auto dumbys im mean zone

rivet type, air hammer.

tryying calling your number, and it no worky no more :confused:

impact gun too hit it with ;)

or a big rachet and a pipe as a lever extension, you could warm up the control arm and drive it out, but iv seen them crack down the road and the ball jiont fall out from over heating it.

thanks but i'll jsut rent it. advance is like 3 min from my house so it'd just be cheaper to rent it. thanks though. are they hard to use?? i wouldn't think they would be, plus if i made it this far i think i can figure out how to use it ;)

you get the money back, if you return it. :D you can buy it for like 120... i just keeped the rental :cool:

hell the newer trucks have a riveted in lower, with some BIG ASS rivets.. (2wd)