Cisco Experience?

Hwilli1647545487

this may not pertain to this thread but I have my N+ and I am about to complete my CCNA and take my vendor's exam here in the next few weeks and just was wondering about some advice from where to look from here, most places want experience, but is there a good suggestion as to where to get that experience other than calltech? I am currently employed in hilliard, but my job has nothing to do with networking or troubleshooting of any kind as far as the computer goes.

this may not pertain to this thread but I have my N+ and I am about to complete my CCNA and take my vendor's exam here in the next few weeks and just was wondering about some advice from where to look from here, most places want experience, but is there a good suggestion as to where to get that experience other than calltech? I am currently employed in hilliard, but my job has nothing to do with networking or troubleshooting of any kind as far as the computer goes.

It wouldn't hurt to apply for this position with VZB. I was hired in with very little knowledge in this field and all I had was A+ and MCP certs. Of course, that was 7 years ago and a lot has changed with this company since then. But, like I said, it never hurts to apply.

If a jr position comes open at VZB I would apply for it (and let one of us know). when I started I couldn't spell IP and I got hired. If the hiring manager sees that you have aptitude you can be trained (not sure how HWILLI got in).

If a jr position comes open at VZB I would apply for it (and let one of us know). when I started I couldn't spell IP and I got hired. If the hiring manager sees that you have aptitude you can be trained (not sure how HWILLI got in).

I am excellent in bed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cisco Certified Network Associtate

You learn Cisco IOS and router/swtich configurations. Along with Routing, Subnetting, the the OSI model to name a few things then you go to a VUE or Prometric testing center and pass an exam that has questions and simulations about what you learned!!!!

wow, if only it were that easy anymore. The CCNA has changed quite a bit as of the 642-801 test. Switch and Router config troubleshooting has taken up most of the test, in addition to the standard subnetting, wildcard masking etc. The OSI model has been removed because you should already know that...

With a CCNA and some experience one can expect $40K/yr, the next step is CCNP ~$60K and CCIE ~$100k