Chicago?

RUTAN TA1647545492

i remember watching something on food network about this place that has a pizza pot pie or something...they put cheese in a bowl, meat sauce, mushrooms, then dough on top, and cook it...looked good as hell

unfortunately, i cant remember what the area was called...it was downtown...id know it if i heard it

2) Sears Tower. Completely badass and worth the trip.

3) Wrigley Field. Sure, the Cubs suck, but it's arguably the best ballpark in America.

4) Any jazz club on the pier. Jazz is huge in Chicago. Not even my kind of music, but the clubs there are ultra pimp.

Chef Rick Bayless has two restaurants in the same building there. They're mexican themed with influences from cuisines all over the world. I can honestly say that I've never had a better meal in my life, and I've had some crazy fucking meals. Do a web/phone book/411 search for "the Frontera Grill," You WONT be dissapointed. (PS: They have the most extensive Tequila bar in the city, they have like 75 different bottles or something insane.)

Excaliber (the club/bar) re-fucking-diculous. I will be taking my girl there on her 21st birthday.

I think that's where me and Jessica went last year for Halloween. They had some crazy fucking costume party/contest - people went all out (i.e., they actually had some cool/neat costumes). Anyway, the club was off the hook - a bunch of levels, lots of space, etc.

Other good choices....

Signature Room (Where I proposed) http://www.signatureroom.com/

Second City http://www.secondcity.com/?id=theatres/chicago

House of Blues http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/chicago/

Blue Man group http://www.blueman.com/ticketinfo/chicago/index.shtml

For Food....

Ed Debevics-Downtown Chicago

640 N. Wells St.

Chicago, Il 60620

Restaurant Phone: (312)-664-1707

Fax Line: (312)-664-7444

Party Line: (312)-266-5421

Geno's East

Downtown - Chicago, IL

633 N. Wells St. (Ontario and Wells)

Chicago, IL 60610

(312) 943-1124

Fax: (312) 943-9589

Downtown - Chicago

162 E. Superior St

Chicago, IL 60611

Phone: 312-266 DEEP (3337)

Fax: 312-266-6770

Giordanos Pizza http://www.giordanos.com/main.php

Most of the other good stuff was covered (Sears Tower, any of the sports stuff, Museums, Navy Pier, etc....etc...)

Chicago is a fun place just seems like never enough time. :)

I think that's where me and Jessica went last year for Halloween. They had some crazy fucking costume party/contest - people went all out (i.e., they actually had some cool/neat costumes). Anyway, the club was off the hook - a bunch of levels, lots of space, etc.

its like 5 floors and 12 bars.

no cover charge but u will probably pay out the ass for anywhere you park.

btw we are going in spring for a one night stay downtown just to go here if anyone would like to go party depending on how many people go some can stay at my house in Indy on the way back.

Go see the King Tut exhibit, it's in Chicago now until Jan 1st. First time it's been here from Cairo since the 70's; I'm going in a few weeks to check it out myself. :)

Just checked and the Cubs are at Cincy for the next 4 games... That place does rock though, I was there for a monday afternoon game and people tailgate like it's an OSU football game... in their front yard... at noon on a monday. It was insane.

black00ws6

is that exhibit at the Natural History Museum? I would definitely like to check that out.

RUTAN TA, who are you doing your training with?

I was there for diesel fuel systems training with bosch.

Also if you have some time to kill check out this bar, North beach

kinda like flannigans but since chicago is cold they have sand volleyball indoors. I would call ahead and see when their league play is so you don't waste your sime.

Go see the King Tut exhibit, it's in Chicago now until Jan 1st. First time it's been here from Cairo since the 70's; I'm going in a few weeks to check it out myself. :)

Just checked and the Cubs are at Cincy for the next 4 games... That place does rock though, I was there for a monday afternoon game and people tailgate like it's an OSU football game... in their front yard... at noon on a monday. It was insane.

Get your Tut tickets now. I was there over Labor Day and you had to purchase them a few weeks in advance to get in.

I second Shedd its a great place.

When you get hungary, eat at "Gino's East of Chicago". Hands down, the best pizza I have ever had. Trust me, I have had a lot of pizza, I didn't get this fat by not eating pizza. The crust is cornbreadish and they have homemade sause that is 100% secret. Whenever, I go to Chicago I bring like 10 frozen pizzas home(yes, they will make 'em, cook 'em, freeze 'em, and mail 'em

Ty

If you want to feel like your on the autobahn make sure you take a drive down lakeshore drive you will thank me later! anything downtown. hancock building make sure you check out Mike Ditkas resturant lincoln park zoo. ESPN Zone is always good.

There is a place called Spain that is really crazy its a resturant were you will see (insert famous person here) on any given day but it is expensive and turns into a club later on

one of my favortie things to do in chicago during the day is to walk. where? anywhere, and everywhere. you can find a lot of neat things, just walking around there for a day, that you would normally miss if you were just going point a to point b. when your feet fall off though i have found cabs in chicago really pretty cheap as compared to even my crappy town.

the art institute of chicago! yes, you should really spend time in the art museum!

"Giordanos, best pizza ever (deep dish) You will be full with two pieces" yea like berto said. its good stuff. dang, now i want some.

oh yea, like they said above me... makes sure you check out some of the jazz clubs around!!

later,

jay