Deborah price ad

Science Abuse

Worthington cylinders basically runs a slave labor operation and is not OHSA anything.

7 days a week and 5-6 days off per year.

I worked there 2 years and took 2 days off. they held that against me as an excuse not to put me on Full Time. The guys you work with there are top notch human beings. The guys you work for deserve to be put up on pikes along 270.

Damn dude...thats fucking insane!

What's insane is that in those two years I learned to run about 75% of the machines in that building at capacity. When I quite I was running a converyorized spray booth that:

-had never had a seasonal employee operate it.

-had never had anyone as young as me operate it.

So I put in 2 years and countless mandatory weekends, was one of the most versitile and skilled employees 'round, and got paid $11/hr with ZERO benifits.

^^^ My hats off to you man. Crazy. I kinda feel exploited working through Adecco at honda. No benefits and its basically half the pay twice the work. They only allow you a certain amount of call offs per year. I know its designed to weed out the dead beats from the ones who wanna work but its kinda rough. Its a 2 year assignment that when its over you have to take a month off, then if honda doesnt hire you, you have to go into another 2 year assignment and hope for the best.

You win hands down though. That sounds like pure and utter bullshit.

Guest 614Streets
I worked there 2 years and took 2 days off. they held that against me as an excuse not to put me on Full Time. The guys you work with there are top notch human beings. The guys you work for deserve to be put up on pikes along 270.

I was there 1 year and had 3 days off plus 2 sick days. I worked 3rd shift 7 days a week. The people that run wc deserve to be shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the thing that is being missed here is the fact that the political 'job creation' selling point is for jobs that are entry level. Worthing Cylinder is a place to get your feet wet and not much more. There are few carrer fabricators at Worthing Cylinder.

Thing is that Debra Price didn't 'create' the jobs either. Politicians do not 'create' jobs other thatn public works jobs and that goes for Democrats and Republcans. Companies create jobs, not politicians. Politicans can create company friendly legislation and tax breaks and enviroments through roads and state controled logistical issues that are business friendly, but these only create an enviroment, not the jobs.

But pay close attention to this as well. Politicans can not control jobs staying in an area, be it a city, state or even the country. Delphi is buying out a large number of their employees and sending them on their way because of thier high pay and benifits, that some would argue are too high for the work they are doing (I an one that says press operators shouldn't be paid 32.50 an hour). How is the government suppost to stop this? And to do so wouldn't be neither democratic or capitalistic.