The car is kinda down again....

MrMeanGreen

First off, many thanks to the guys at Slowmotion Motorsports for getting me in and then waiting on me while someone ran me home to get my key for the locking lugs.

Anyways, we loaded the car on the dyno wheel things and started pulling. Corey stopped the pull mentioning my A/F was starting to rise pretty quick and he saw 16:1 before shutting down. Long story short, we never made it past 5500 because the wideband was sitting at 19:1 AF and enough is enough.

This is a custom, one-off OS that still needs a lot of work, built from the ground-up. John Rutan has put in plenty of time, and this tune was written by him and Jesse Bubb who wrote EFILive, the first of it's kind. It's no fault of theirs, as it wasn't finished anyways and needed gone through again but time sucks for everyone. We're thinking a faulty wideband on the intial tune in Indy is to blame. We'll leave it at that.

So anyways, I have another date with tuning and a dyno this week, and an array of improvements for the tune thanks to John. On the brighter side of things, the car made over 400+ rwtq and 300+ rwhp at 3600 RPMs w/ 11.9:1 AF at 4psi, and it runs to 6800 RPMs + 12-14psi. The way the graph was looking, 600/600+ was/is easily attainable. We'll see later in the week.

A minor setback, but nothing like lifting a head or anything ;) This is cutting it close to Norwalk and methinks won't leave me enough time to get my torque arm in. Guess I'll have to settle for yanking the wheels on the stock one :D

Thank again to John Rutan for tuning, and Josh/Corey at Slomo for getting me some time.

Sux Anthony, but at least you found out now instead of running it hard at the track. Hope it can be sorted out before then. I got some pics though.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4679/img093rx3.jpg

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4466/img094va7.jpg

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5894/img096gd6.jpg

First off, many thanks to the guys at Slowmotion Motorsports for getting me in and then waiting on me while someone ran me home to get my key for the locking lugs.

Anyways, we loaded the car on the dyno wheel things and started pulling. Corey stopped the pull mentioning my A/F was starting to rise pretty quick and he saw 16:1 before shutting down. Long story short, we never made it past 5500 because the wideband was sitting at 19:1 AF and enough is enough.

This is a custom, one-off OS that still needs a lot of work, built from the ground-up. John Rutan has put in plenty of time, and this tune was written by him and Jesse Bubb who wrote EFILive, the first of it's kind. It's no fault of theirs, as it wasn't finished anyways and needed gone through again but time sucks for everyone. We're thinking a faulty wideband on the intial tune in Indy is to blame. We'll leave it at that.

Anthony, you need to loose those locking nuts, they are more of a pain in the ass then what their worth. Tossed mine years ago.

Are you using a custom 2 bar OS or 1 Bar? Maf or SD?

Good luck with the tuning, hope to see some big numbers for that 10.80 timeslip.

Anthony, my shop is across the street from slowmotion. You could have seen the trailer. And a bad tune sure as hell didnt stop you from waking the neighborhood last night :D

And Alex why didnt you come and get me? I saw you guys pull up last night. I thought there was no way in hell you actually went somewhere.

Fuel pressure is staying a consistant 58psi under boost, pulse widths at 2.0xv, but the regular 02s are also seeing 35mv, agreeing with the WB02.

Bill, custom OS on a 1 bar MAP, SD.

I just got done running the car in the garage, so plugs will get pulled tomorrow for a status.

And Alex why didnt you come and get me? I saw you guys pull up last night. I thought there was no way in hell you actually went somewhere.

I don't know... I woke up, Anthony called, then I ate something then left. I didn't really have time to know what was going on. lol