Quick Question!

Shields1181

Yep just what the benz guy said report it lost or stolen since don't know what happened to it. Could end up on some asshole's car thats wanted then the next stop for po po will be your house.

on that note, when you trade in a car, if you do, make sure you take your plates with you. A dealer I used to work at had the cops show up one day and apparently this lady got arrested the night before because of a hit and run that someone did and they had her old plates on their car. I believe they stole the old plates off of her trade in.

so yes, report them missing :)

on that note, when you trade in a car, if you do, make sure you take your plates with you. A dealer I used to work at had the cops show up one day and apparently this lady got arrested the night before because of a hit and run that someone did and they had her old plates on their car. I believe they stole the old plates off of her trade in.

so yes, report them missing :)

I had a similar thing happen to me. We traded in my wifes Neon and I didn't think to take the plates off when I gave them the car. About 4 months later, we get a call from the Muskingum County sheriffs department saying they towed in a car with her plates on it. I guess the car was left on the side of the road. I called the dealership (Ricart, I know, I know) that they gave me some story about how they keep the plates in a locked room till they are cut up by some machine. The only thing they would give me was reimburse me for my milage if I drove down to the towing company in Zanesville and got my plates. We told the Sheriffs and they just reported the plates missing for us. They said if someone ever contacted them to pick up the car, they will have to explain the plates.