Can anyone breakdance?

ChevyMan1972

Some of you may have seen this video but I just thought I would share it with everyone again. I cant believe these amazing guy's in this vid. I actualy never heard of this band before in my life...when I was working out at the gym I saw the vid.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6783841022694588194

Let me know what you think...I want to learn how to do that ;0

Dan

I started learning to breakdance maybe sometime last year and I haven't really kept up on my practicing but I can do a couple things.. Those people are obviously pretty damn good but when you learn to breakdance you really need to know the roots and what it's all about before you get into it. There are actually breakdancing classes every Thursday night in a dance studio off High where you can pay 5 bux and they'll teach you the basics and everything you'd want to know. It's run by some of the better b-boy's here in columbus. You can catch people breakdancing at certain bars sometime too on the weekends. There have been a couple occasions where I've gone to Bento's and watched them breakdance for hours. Breakdancing is definately hard to learn and it takes a ton of upper body strength and balance. If you want to learn more about it I suggest picking up "The Freshest Kids" DVD, it has a complete history and roots of bboying, and it's really fun to watch. You can also read up about it on http://www.bboy.org too if you just want to see what it's all about.

Furthest I've gotten in bboying is a shoddy top-rock, 6step, footwork, and a couple simple freezes.

Guest FooFooMaru

I can do kickups, handstands,one handers, hand springs, tumbles, and a bit more to name a few but not in dance form, although friend and I practice some of that stuff.

I went to integrity gym@ plain city (near Sports Ohio in dublin) for practice on hand springs, tumbles, back flips and such....

Going to more gyms around here, Dayton, soon.

I love that kind of stuff. More gymnastic type than breakdancing though is what I'm in to.

Still cool though.