New Shelby GT 500 Commercial

OSUGT

Speaking of a GT500.

I watched one make a 3 pulls on a Dynojet the other night and the high number put down was 414hp. 3 run average was like 408.

This car had been through all proper breakin procecures.

Andy

Sounds like a repeat of the 99 Recall is coming

Why? Average loss due to drive train ~20%. 20% of 500 = 100 that would give you ~400hp at the wheels. That is just about right on with the numbers he got from the dyno.

15-17% is pretty standard...that 414 is right about 17%. I didn't see anything wrong with the numbers except I bet it would put down 420 and lost $1 on that one.

Andy

Speaking of a GT500.

I watched one make a 3 pulls on a Dynojet the other night and the high number put down was 414hp. 3 run average was like 408.

This car had been through all proper breakin procecures.

Andy

Wow. My CAI/catback 2003 Cobra put down 433 RWHP / 402 RWTQ on Brian's dyno... :eek:

Guest silversn95
maybe the carrera gt owner didn't see him? ...other than that, clever commercial. Still wouldn't buy one. All the numbers I've seen seem very slow for a car with 500 at the crank...

maybe the carrera gt owner didn't see him? ...other than that, clever commercial. Still wouldn't buy one. All the numbers I've seen seem very slow for a car with 500 at the crank...

That's cool. I'm all sold out any way:)

Also, my bad on the recall post.

Based on this, they just went up in price! LOL