Foxbody 5.0 help

Bam

I just picked up an old mustang and I'll need some help whenever someone has a chance. It needs the timing checked, I believe its a tick off, who has a light? Also, the idle is a little rough, but not like its the motor, but maybe the IACV or something like that? It also likes to stall out occasionally. So yeah, being my first mustang/5.0l/v8 I'd really appreciate someone who knows their way around these things and knows what to look for. Beer/pop/pizza/whatever to those who help. I've got all tools neccessary, including air, a well lit, large garage, and ability to learn. Thanks for any help in advance.

Matt

I was a ford tech and now I work at chevy I could help I have worked on alot of 5.0's. I could stop by mon night.

That'd be awesome! I'm free anytime monday afternoon/night. I'll PM you my address/number. Thanks!

it had a rough idle from the cam, and the stalling has something to do with a sudden dumping of fuel i believe, i remembered one time when it stalled, i immediately pulled a plug and it was covered in fuel..

you will also need to find out what the timing is set on for the SCT chip in the car. you might want to leave the timing at 10 degrees on the distributor

Well it might have a rough idle from the cam, but this idle sounds like it'll stall out whenever sitting at like a light or stopped. Also, I talked to Brian, at dynotune and he said he remembers the car and how they jerry rigged the fuel setup to run the nitrous kit that is on the car currently? He said the kit didn't belong on the car but jason wanted to try it anyways? So I'm worried as to what I'll have to do to get the fuel system straightened out, but hopefully it's not as bad as I hear. We'll see, brian said he thinks he still has a base file for the car, and since its running on a nitrous tune now and I'm not spraying anytime soon, I'm going to get the base file put back in, or maybe get it tuned once I get it running right.

fowler, do you know what rear suspension the car has? I don't have it at my house so I can't check, is it a 3/4 link or irs, I doubt the last one, but doesn't hurt to be wishful, haha.

I'll keep you guys updated about what we find out. I'm hoping to have the car out next weekend, albeit looking ugly but I've got a buddy who is an autobody guy and he's going to do all the bodywork/paint for me REAL decent price. :)

the car has a stock fox suspension.

it jsut has qa1 shocks

aftermarket control arms

and the quad shocks are gone.

rebuilt lsd 8.8 rearend, with 3.73s

that isn't stock suspension

12 way adjustable qa1's

saleen racecraft lower control arms

pro fab tubular upper control arms

I forget what kind of springs I had on it.

95 mustang gt rear brakes and axles too.

this car wasn't the one i put the IRS in either, but it is running around in cbus.