Dsm, Honda both wheel questions

wnaplay1647545503

Anyone know if the same wheel bearing will fit both sides on the front of my 2g dsm? I have a load noise at highway speeds that goes away when I veere right. And is louder when veering left. I can deffinately feel it both in the pedal and the steering wheel. I dont know which side so I want to replace one side and if it doesnt go away, put it on the other side. I know I wont be able to take it back if I buy the wrong side and it doesnt fix the problem. So I would like to be able to have the ability to swap just in case.

Secondly, I took the front wheels off my del sol and noticed that one of the aftermarket rims had a plastic spacer and the other side did not. They should both have them correct? Should all 4 have the same spacer (back-front)?

And could this be causing my vibration when braking?

Thanks

DSM: Jack up the front of the car and try to wiggle the wheels, the one that has play is the bad one. I believe they are switchable, but I dont remember for sure. While you are jacking it up to see which one it is see if they have non symetrical bolt paterns.

I had one so badly worn on my 2g that it came apart on the freeway 40 miles away from civilization. It was a hot mess.

Guest drumer919

It appears as though your wheel bearing on the DSM will need to be pressed in, its not just something you can unbolt, its actually part of the hub so that means that you can use the new one on either side but once you press it in you wont be able to take it off and put it on the other side, pressing it back out will render it un-usable.

And no, its unlikely that the spacer, or lack there of, is causing the vibration.

Guest drumer919
There is no way the hub is interchangable from one side to the other, and yes, if you can find just the bearing (look at the dealer, not aotozone) then it will be much cheaper to get it pressed in than to buy the hub/bearing combo.