I have a B.S. in Biology and need a job

Chief8one

Hey man,

I feel your pain...

I have a MS in Molecular Genetics and a BS with honors from a top 20 university and I didn't even get a call back or interview from Battelle/Pfizer/Merck/Ross/Abbot etc....

Hence the career change. I now work in residential site development as an estimator. A real good friend of mine who worked as a research assistant with me in grad school also abandoned her bs in biology and got a job in business, just got her mba that she did during nights and is making great money...

Like someone else said though, research assistant or pharmaceutical/biotech sales are probably your best options for the most money- unfortunately the biotech/pharma jobs are tough to land without knowing someone... I would look at childrens hospital...

Good Luck bro... sorry I don't have any better advice... I was more of a what you know guy than who you know but am now trying to change that as a result..

Good Luck bro... sorry I don't have any better advice... I was more of a what you know guy than who you know but am now trying to change that as a result..

story of my life

space ghost where did/does she work at? company name...

Like someone else said though, research assistant or pharmaceutical/biotech sales are probably your best options for the most money- unfortunately the biotech/pharma jobs are tough to land without knowing someone... I would look at childrens hospital...

I would second looking into childrens. I know there are several new PIs that may be looking for research techs. I don't know any for sure, but it is worth a look.