Wanted: XBox DVD Drive (disk drive) or Dead XBox

twistedfocus1647545489

A friend of mine just had the drive in his XBox go bad and apparently a regular PC DVD drive won't work as a replacement. He's looking for a fried "parts-car" XBox (with a working drive) or a drive itself. I guess he found some new for 30-40 dollars, but doesn't want to put much money into an old system like this. If anyone has such a thing or knows where to find them cheap, let me know. Thanks.

Yep, Pat is exactly right, here are some cd drives you can count on working. Just a word of advice, if you get these new you will be spending more, so try to find some used ones if he wants to be under that thirty dollar budget.

-Yamaha Professional Grade CD-RW 10x 650MB/74Min

-Sony CD-RW 700MB/80Min (CDRW700HS

-Sony CD-RW 650MB/74Min (CDRW650L)

-Maxell DVD-R 1-4x

-Memorex DVD-R 4.7GB 4x

-Fujifilm mini DVD-R 1.4GB

Yep, Pat is exactly right, here are some cd drives you can count on working. Just a word of advice, if you get these new you will be spending more, so try to find some used ones if he wants to be under that thirty dollar budget.

-Yamaha Professional Grade CD-RW 10x 650MB/74Min

-Sony CD-RW 700MB/80Min (CDRW700HS

-Sony CD-RW 650MB/74Min (CDRW650L)

-Maxell DVD-R 1-4x

-Memorex DVD-R 4.7GB 4x

-Fujifilm mini DVD-R 1.4GB

Your first three are not DVD drives.... Why would you want to use one of those? Also how do you get around the odd ball power molex on the original Samsung DVD drive?