Welders wanted

Miller

I've got this go kart I've been building, I've put a lot of tlc to get this thing where I have wanted. Now, I've got two more things I need done to it, and, one of them is some exhaust work. The motor on this thing would not mount up due to the old exhaust so I removed it, and, because it is gone it is wicked loud. I need a guy that can weld to weld a pipe from the exhaust that will then come off the motor into a cheap muffler I have bought. Also, I will need the exhaustmuffler cut so that a large portion of it is removed and rewelded together so it is shorter, then, welded to the frame of the cart. If someone thinks they can do this I may be looking for it done by the end of the week, throw out a surmise on the price if you got one too.

Thanks,

-Zack

Now, on this image you see the muffler, I wanted that cut out in the middle twice and rewelded with the tips so that it is much much shorter, then, welded to the rear cross bar. Nothing has to be extremely professional, another motor is in order not too far from now anyway.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6375/dsc0124622un9.jpg

Here is the exhaust exit, I just wanted a simple bend right around the corner and sitting on the frame as stated before.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2986/dsc01245gh9.jpg

This thing wasn't meant to be uber fast or what not, just really fun. The current motor is a 5hp @ 2600 rpm. The new one I'm acquiring is 13hp @ 5000 rpm. So, if it is clocking around 45-50 now, you can tell rob we can race next month =D

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4784/dsc01243ly1.jpg

Guest Removed

i havent even started on mine yet... i have the motor.. and a cart, but i dont think it will hold a 300-400 pound motor...

but anyway...muffler is way too big...i can get a blank 18" long glass pack and weld the tubing straight too it. but is still too large!

get me the flange and a small peice of pipe too come off the head there, the rest i can cover...expect maybe the muffler...after i cut that one inhalf and reweld it, you might aswell have straight pipe on it! buty i can figure something out..i always do..

I can't tell if there are theard in thath exhaust hole or not if ther are you can pick up a mulffler that will screw right into that. The muffler is about 6 inches long and will help the engine run right. from what I seen with gocart motors if you remove the muffler or put too big of one one they run like ass (at least with my neighbors).

That is true Shawn, they do, though, it hasn't run too terrible, I took it out for a spin without anything on and besides being loud it ran ok. I got a vid of it I'm hosting I'll have it soon so you get an idea of how loud it is.